Saturday, June 13, 2009

'Member? You 'member!

Remember when I made the comment about "Female Victim-Vision"?

That thing that Frosts My Already Chapped Hide?

Hand to heart, it just pisses me the fuck off, and it's been going on For. Ever. For freak'n ever.

Tonight, my local knittas got to gabbing about what they do (and don't) watch on the telly box.

One participant was very honest with her views of what television she enjoys and also eschews.

That part there, though, got me typing about what, in the end, is so very wrong with current (HELLO 2009!) tele choices

Again.

Remember that I am 1000% not behind televised "Victim Vision".

Our house has a ton of T.V. available (part of our living arrangement) but I've decided to step away from the siren song. It was hard, since there is so much freak'n garbage on there that I could easily fall into.

I had to realize it's "garbage" when you get down to it.

Now I knit a ton more than usual and enjoy books like I haven't in several years.

My biggest pet-peeve, regarding "that stupid box in our living room" is what I call "Female Victim-Vision". I am so freak'n tired of noticing women in the victim/provocative role.

1) Cut to the female victim: tied up, scantily clad, then enduring physical abuse before being "saved".
2) Cut to woman wearing provocative clothing and subsequently becoming "the victim" - see #1
3) Scene opens with dead woman, scantily clad . . . 'nuff said.

No comments: