Thursday, November 15, 2007

Depo. And I Don't Mean Provera:

There are a few topics I wanted to hit on tonight, but first I had to get the *represent'n* done for Female Childfree Bloggers. I'm all three, so there ya go. Done and done.

Anywho.

Other things that bear needing mentioned:

Hunter is doing better. He is most definately not 100% and we don't expect he ever will be again. For whatever reason, the night I witnessed his serious problem seems to have been a blip on the radar. Unfortunately, this blip will become a pulsing green glob on that radar pretty soon, but today is not his day. Tomorrow probably won't be his day either, but his days are coming to an end relatively soon.

It's sad that his mind and spirit are not in question. He has always been an upbeat jovial sweet pooch. The only time I ever heard him make a noise of pain/discomfort was due to something with his ear a few years ago. He's not a Barker or a Whiner. When 4th of July comes, he HATES it. HATES. HATE HATE HATE. The way you know this is from his trying to sink into the concrete of the back patio. He just wants the earth to swallow him up and thus end his misery. We do everything humanly and financially possible to alleviate this.

Most likely, he will not be here for 4th of July 2008.

As for our princess Shadow? It ain't her. Today she was outside the entire time we were gone. When we got home and she was allowed inside, she never went down the hallway towards the bathrooms. For some reason she was in a pissy mood (oh, yeah, that's right . . . other cats live here and she HATES that fact!) and wanted out immediately. She ended up being inside for a whopping 3 minutes and all three of them were supervised.

And there was still pinkish liquid in and around our sink. Yes. AROUND. As in proof positive that it ain't the plumbing.

Something is wrong with somebody and now we're on High Alert to figure out who.

My vote is Freckles.

She's (NO LIE) the size of a Pomeranian (sp?) and, uhm, yeah - A CAT! She has her father's feeding schedule for sure. I've said for at least a year that somp'n ain't right wit 'er.

As soon as we can pinpoint any two of the furfaces, they have a round-trip ticket to Vetsville. *fingers crossed we find out the candidates real damn soon*

Now we talk about why The Hub and I were not home right after work.

Depositions.

Hers will be at 9:00am and mine will be at 11:00am and Hub's will be at 1:30pm and FIL's will be at 3:00pm.

Today Mike & I visited Mr. Retainer, Esq. and signed papers and talked and provided documents and talked and got instructions on what to expect for the upcoming depositions and someone used a tissue and there was more talk (about other cases in generalities) and talking some more.

3:30pm quickly turned into 6:00pm.

Blam. Just like that.

All on retainer.

For two weeks I've been staring down the dry legal-ese of *please state the name, address and telephone number of anyone who may have information pertaining to this case* and *please state the name, address and telephone number of anyone who may have been impacted by the actions in this case* crap that is Interrogatories.

Trustyoume, I actually did plenty of sighing during the typing of my answers.

1) I've worked dpn's successfully. Alot. You think I'm intimidated anymore? YOU do dpn's and we'll talk.

2) Scare me with dry-talk? Try filling out a Federal 990 form. Just say'n.

3) A real human being died. I can't make The Funny out of that.

I stayed with him from the moment of impact until first responders showed up (outside of the two times I ran to get my MIL to call 911).

There were only two people that witnessed this accident. Him. and Me. No one can speak for him in the first person and only I can speak for myself.

Mr. Retainer, Esq took me through the *usual* scenario of what to expect:

Him: What were you doing when you were on (x) street?

Me: I was getting ready to make my second left into the driveway of (x).

Him: Did you have your seatbelt on?

Me: *thinking* I'm pretty sure I did because I always wear my seatbelt.

Him: Did you THIS time?

Abrupt change:

Him: Did you hear anything?

Me: At what point? (I'm getting savvy to his instructions)

Him: At any point while you were on (x) street.

Me: Yes.

Instructions are:

1) Be honest

2) Don't be chatty/verbose

3) No *guessing*. It is what it is and if you don't know what *it* is, say so. You can estimate but do not *guess*. Guessing leads to other answers being assumed as *guessing*.

4) State your observations. Noone else will because noone else was there.

When I was describing from the moment of impact all the way through when the Fire Truck and Highway Patrol showed up? That's when it really hit me again. Hit me like I was right back there leaning over Plaintiff and scared to fucking death. It really *hit me*. I lost it with Mr. Retainer, Esq.

I've told the story probably 20 times. It's always *matter-of-fact* because I'm a *matter-of-fact* kind of chick.

After 3 years and 7 months it's still as raw as if it happened 2 hours ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I obviously don't know the whole story here, but it certainly does sound like an ordeal and a half. Good luck with the outcome of all of this.