Friday, December 21, 2007

Caution - Crime Scene Photos:

FRIDEEEE! Yay for Fridays!

Couple of things . . .

I joined ravelry's Project 365 group. Not on ravelry yet? Get over there already!! But until then, you can participate via this blog. Basically you post up one picture a day, EVERY day, for 365 days. You can take a squillion pictures, but you only post one. It doesn't *have* to be of any particular thing - just whatever you want. I'ma start January 1st of 2008.

I just found out (well, I kinda found out a few weeks ago, but I'm getting confirmation every day) that my old boss is in deep doody. Deep. She's been sanctioned by the Internal Revenue Service and cannot represent tax clients in front of them. For a CPA, that's bad news. The weird part? She's been sanctioned since freak'n 2005 and none of us worker bees had a CLUE! She's been working and presenting herself as if nothing was going on. That's some crazy-assed mental health issue shit right there! She's sanctioned until 2009, but I have a feeling that as more and more of her clients get wind of this, she's gonna be in long-term trouble. Looks like I got out and into a better job at the perfect time! :grin:

My husband has been such a help with this foot shit! He's bitched and whined and moaned but he really has stepped up. I cannot do a damn thing to help around the house or to even help myself really. He's dealt with the dogs (Hunter especially) all by himself, and he's done all the chores as well as bring me stuff and help me shower . . . oh, wait. He just wants to see me nekkid. That's not a good example, lol! Between the back problems and now the foot problem, he's been lacking *attention* if you know what I mean (and I think you do, to steal from Crazy Aunt Purl), so tonight is date night at home. He definately deserves it. I cannot imagine having to deal with this without an S.O. or live-in family member. If I was by myself, I think I'd get home every evening, lay in a big pile of stink, never eat and probably have unfed cats gnawing on my black and blue toes! Maybe that's why I've never broken a bone until I was married, lol.

Christmas. I hate this holiday so much. Regardless, I'm stuck with other humans that give all that 'family togetherness' bullshit great weight, so I get through every year. This year I get a guilt-free ride with the bum leg. I'll be in attendance, but all that is required is my physical presence. No actual participation. AWESOME!

I didn't officially take the Buy Handmade pledge like Jollyewe and 10,647 other people did, but I actually ended up adhering to it for the gifts I was in charge of. We're friends with a couple in our town that make awesome candles (I'm trying desperately to get them on etsy, but they're older and not real intronets savvy, but give me time) so all the chicks are getting their candles. I'm finishing up my last soap sock and they'll be stuffed with handmade soaps to accompany the candles. The Mike is in charge of the dudes so he's sticking to commercial gifts :eyeroll: Actually, I didn't make the one child in the family anything hand-knit but if there's time I'll whip her up a nice warm hat.

So, I leave you with pictures. If feet gross you out, or at least a swollen bruised foot does . . . don't scroll to the bottom.


YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! MWAAAHHHAAAHAHAAAA





Deep Thoughts by Josie Pau Pau



You bring the wine and I'll bring the sexy


All tuckered out (again!)


Contented Cat is contented


Contented Cat does not like Charlie Sheen


Tools of the Broken Foot trade:

1 Moonboot, 2 Crutches

LOTS of knitting!


Covered in ice


That is one swollen foot!

I promise there's an ankle in there somewhere


I do NOT know why the triage nurse wrote a big X on the top of my foot!

(and yes I've tried washing it off, but that shit hurts)

That's not where it was broken and that's not even where it hurt!

See the difference in size there? That ain't good.


This carpet haz a flavorz and it is YUM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you did a great job getting some handmade Christmas gifties done, even though you did not take the hand made pledge.....I think you did better than me.

Damn girl, that foot looks painful!! They put on "X" to mark where your pulse is, just in case the swelling was to cut off the circulation, they can tell where the pulse "used" to be.

I'm with you, holidays SUCK! I'll be glad when it is OVER. There are too many people out and about for my liking. I wonder where all these people are the other 11 months of the year????

Hey, I sent you a message on Ravelry. I'm off this weekend, wanna knit? I can come to P'ville since your foot is the size of Montana.