Saturday, December 29, 2007

Excited versus Happy:

All the Christmas knitting was done on time, and seemed to be a hit. I'm happy about that but OHLORDY am I excited to start *fun* knitting again!

Right now I have Falling Water on the needles, using the lighter of the Baby Alpaca I got at the Exeter fiber festival the other month. One ball does 11 repeats on size 5s so I'll definately have enough to make a long-enough scarf. I probably could've gone down to size 4s but 5s are working well.

Do I have some fiber disorder? All the yarns that feel scrumdelicious wound up just don't stay so soft to the touch once knitted. I *am* happy with the yarn fersher but I'm excited to try the hair conditioner plan when it's done. Hopefully I can get the yarn to fluff up some, and yes, I know that is what a swatch is for, but I'ma swatch AFTER I finish the scarf. Me + BackAsswards = Standard Operating Procedure.

THE game of the season is on right now. Weirdly, I'm pretty excited for New England because they are 2 quarters away from potentially making NFL history. Them making history will tarnish my team's history, but hell, this is EXCITING! If they lose this game, I can't lie. I will be VERY happy too! For now I'm just enjoying rooting for them in the moment.

The last few days I've seen 2008 To Do lists popping up on blogs and forums and it's gotten me to think about what I need on my own list. I will be SO happy when 2007 is over and I'm very excited to gear up and plan (and daydream) for 2008. In that same vein, I'm not *unhappy* that I broke my foot (I finally broke something and I've really been able to take a breather) but I am very excited for the day my crutches aren't a necessary accessory!! There's lots to plan for when that particular day comes lemmetellya.

I was perusing new groups on ravelry and I about fell over when I discovered the 'smoking' group! Now, if I'm sucessful on this smoking thing I seriously doubt I will be one of those 'born again' anti-smoking pains-in-the-asses. That shit is annoying and condescending! The ravelry group made me chuckle because I never thought of my smoking as part of my 'knitting' or part of 'craft' in general, but I don't really have room to talk. Freedom from children and their annoying breeder parents don't have anything to do with crafting but I made that group on ravelry, lol. The smoking one must of hit my funnybone just right. Now if there was a 'quit smoking' group . . . I'd think about joining it . . . but I'm not interested in creating one.

Pictures of my Falling Waters WIP tomorrow. The Mike took the camera fishing today (well, he took it WITH him when he went fishing - not like he strung up a pole for the camera to use, lol) and by the time he got back it was too dark for good pictures.

This Dark At Four In The Afternoon winter gloom shit leaves me neither excited NOR happy!

*******************************************************************************

Every so often, when I'm lounging and knitting (or using the computer) on the couch, Poops (Josie Pau Pau) climbs on me and plops down right in the center of my chest. She acts like I'm her 'mom' all the time. She'll do 'drive-bys' where she just walks by me, rubs up against me and then goes about her business. She sleeps on my head most nights too. This picture cracks me up because I was knitting, listening to a knitting podcast AND watching a football game but when she wants 'mom love' . . . all activity must stop to meet her immediate need. She's excited for the attention and I'm happy to give it to her.

"Get your own Mom!"

No comments: