Sunday, December 23, 2007

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things:

Today was another good day, folks!

Whoever invented the Broken Foot Moon boot? I love them. LOVE. My mobility (and thus my independence) has been greatly inhanced with this moon boot. I wonder if the moon boot inspired the snow boot or vice versa because they are very similar. Velcro strappings and no ankle bending at all. I was told not to actually *step* on that foot and I haven't. Believeyoume, if I really did *step* on that foot? I'd be writhing on the ground in such intense pain that I would be wishing the ground would swallow me up and put me out of my agony immediately. It HURTS people. The moon boot just allows me a way to balance and take the pressure off my right foot. Having to bear my entire weight on one leg and hold my other leg up to never touch the ground? Fucking hard. Thank you Mr. Broken Foot Moon Boot Creator Guy.

Football. Miami lost, New England won and I still love football. Football is kinda like my personal favorite blanket. LOVE it!

The Hub. Well, of course. He went fishing while I met up with CJ (Jollyewe to y'all) today. His attentiveness and help has blown me away. One of the downfalls of my "just deal with it" mentality is that I really don't allow myself to depend on others. Having an S.O. never changed that mindset for me, even though he thought that would change with the "I Do's". Four years later and I do my thing and expect that he does his thing. With this craptacular foot issue, I've had to eat a slice of humble pie and :gasp: ask for help. Alot. He's grumbled a few times, but I think it's because he IS so used to me being independent that he's not accustomed to my reliance on him. I also think that he's really been liking that I'm getting more independent again, lol! He went fishing this morning, went food shopping with his dad after that (it's their *thing* they do together for Thanksgiving & Christmas . . . ) and now is having dinner out with family. I've seen him this morning as he left for fishing and about 4:30pm when he came home to put the boat away. Hopefully he'll get home before I go to bed. All those years of being happily single. I never had a clue of what I would eventually find back in my home town years and years later :grin: I am so happy that I have him.

Knitting and knitting friends. I spent a few hours with Jollyewe today - she was nice enough to come to my ghetto town and hang out at the local StarCrack (tm). Having a Real Life buddy that absolutely and completely understands the world of knitting and fiber love is priceless. Online knitting has made leaps and bounds and is an entire sub-culture that I wallow in daily. Love the online knitting world! There is nothing like having a face-to-face conversation about it all with someone that actually knows what you are talking about, though. We talked Socks That Rock, ravelry, Childfree stuff, Handknit gifts and their clueless recipients, husbands, work, the Coast, roving and spinning, podcasts, sweaters and steeking, Crazy Aunt Purl, the Yarn Harlot and Drew the Crochet Dude - all while she knit on the sleeve of a sweater. I think we touched on 12% of general knitting stuff in all that time but for me, it was such a real feeling of 'ahhhh - another knitter' bliss. If'n you don't know, Jollyewe is almost 100% self-taught. Seriously! The chick wants to do steeking in 2008! She is amazing with her knitting fearlessness. I'm about 88% self-taught and haven't even made a sweater yet! Steeking. She's crazy y'all, lol. Crazy but inspiring.

Blue. Blue the grey cat is sofa king hilarious and the best part is that she has no clue. She doesn't *do* cute on command. She just *is* cute. She has throw-downs with shadows on the carpet. She attacks cat toys with wild abandon. She tries SO hard to play with the other cats and gets shot down every frigg'n time. She has a spot on her back that if you pet it she lays right down and starts licking the air. She is absolutely adorable and doesn't even know it.

Today was a day that I could forget about all the other crap that goes on in life. Knitting with a friend while my husband fished. Coming home to an empty quiet house and watching cat antics for the last few hours. Absolutely priceless.

Oh, and this evening I also cast on for a hat for a 2.5 year old. Really! The "Have To" knitting was done last night and in talking with CJ today, I realized there isn't a good reason to not knock out a hat for the only weetiny one in the immediate family, in time for Christmas.

Size 9 dpns and white GGH (GHH? I don't have the ballband handy) mohair doubled.

Cast on 64 and distribute evenly to the four dpns.

K4, P4 until the brim is 4 inches.

That is as far as I've gotten. Once the ribbed brim is done then I'ma switch to Paton's Katrina (also in white) and make a basic beanie hat. How's come Paton's . . . PATON'S people! Made out of Rayon and Polyester is marked as Hand wash? WTF?

2 comments:

Holly Bee said...

Football, Knitting and Rum...these are a few of my favorite things!

Feel free to hobble around and break out into song.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time yesterday. With all the recent work stress, holiday hustle and bustle etc, I needed that time to just sit, knit and talk. I actually came home smiling and in a great mood. We got's to do that more often.

You go girl, pushing out another hand knit gift! No joke WTF, handwashing Paton's rayon/polyester??? I don't think so.

Oh, thanks for bringing a soap sock for me to see in person, you've inspired me, maybe for next Christmas or upcoming B-days.