Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hello, I Must Be Going:

YAY!! The Mike has left and I have the house all to myself again! He's already touched down in Pismo. I've gottn work laundry started and the dog has been fed and played with. Tonight she shall be snoozing on Mike's side of the California King :smirk:

I've just completed the heel-flap of my second brown sock (Tess' Yarns I think it is called) and the heel-turn is coming up shortly. The latest podcasts are freshly loaded in my iTunes and the headphones are tucked away for now.

Oh, I have to tell you guys this! About an hour ago I was listening to one of the Miss Flip Knits podcasts, laying down on the couch out of sight of the backyard sliding glass door. All of a sudden the volume jumped up considerably, in the middle of some men talking and I like to tell you, that dog of mine started barking her fool head off, right at the slider. I jumped up and she had all the hairs on her neck and back standing straight up while she kept barking away in an unusually menacing tone.

Lordy, I think that dog thought her house had just been invaded by Unknown Men and she was ready to come in and kick ass.

She finally spied me and immediatedly her whole body went wiggly from wagging her tail. She knows I got her back, lol.

So. Another week husband-free (and thus free of grocery store visits and fretting about what to make for dinner and television noise and dirty clothes piled up on the floor and messes in the kitchen, but alas also free to fresh-brewed coffee every morning . . . ). I'm taking the rest of tonight to wallow in my man-less abode.

I have a game plan for this upcoming week. The almost two hours every night after work that is usually wasted with the Shopping Of The Groceries and the Cooking Of The Groceries and the Cleaning Of The Cooking and the Putting Away Of the Leftover Cooking will instead be spent on Tackling One Cleaning Job A Day. Vacuuming, bathrooms, clean out bottom of closet & organize laundry. I only get three free evenings this week because Thursday is my bi-weekly Go With Suzanne to Meet Up With All the Visalia Knitters.

Outside of having Man-Free time, Thursday will be the highlight of my week. I can't wait.

Until tomorrow then, I leave you with a pictorial montage of two cats, that although having no biological relation to each other, being a few years apart in age and having entered this house in different years, are very close. This series of shots was taken over a few hours - starting about 7:30 or 8pm, and ending probably just around 11 or 11:30pm. It was that last SUPER hot day we had here in the valley before the weather broke - around two weeks or so ago.

Freckles and Madden:
A Love Story















(Mike saw this last picture and said "looks like the cow's jumping over the moon".

To me it makes me think of a cat-version of the ying-yang symbol)