Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And Thus it Starts:

After the visit with my sis last Wednesday, we made a date for her to come over this Wednesday and we'd work on my craft room.

Then I remembered that The Mike was going to be out of town and I have zero interest in doing anything responsible (outside of the care of my pets, of course!) while he's gone so I changed the plans to me going over to her house so she could show me some of my manual camera's features and settings.

Fast forward to our date day today. She already called crying about how she doesn't 'feel well'. No. Literally. Crying. Tears. Sniffles. The whole waterworks show.

I told her it was entirely up to her if she wants company or not, as I have absolutely no agenda besides goofing around with my camera. I wasn't planning some big excursion - just futzing around her house and seeing the family as they got home during the afternoon.

I'm going over in a few, against my better judgement.

I JUST KNEW IT. One week. That's all she could last before dragging out her well-worn blanket of Mystery Illness that she wraps around herself for comfort and sympathy. Too bad Fate gave her a sister born without the pity gene, LOL.

Today, I ran across this on the interwebs while looking at some local SLO stuff.

"It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."


It's from Food Not Bombs, and SLO has a local chapter.

LOVE THAT!

No comments: