Sunday, September 7, 2008

Knitting, Fog, Friends and Fried Green 'Maters:

Holy Cats y'all! It's been a bit since I've last written and sorry for that.

While the days pass, I'm busy in some ways and lazy-dazy in others.

Knitting (cuz HELLO! This is first and foremost a knitting blog!)

I have a pair of socks off the needles. You can see what I'm talking about here.

Fresh on the needles are something I thought I'd never knit in a million years. Just. So. Not. Thank Ye and not interested in the least.

'Scept I not only cast on, I'm almost done with the first one.

There are several reasons why knucks (and all their offspring) didn't interest me. Half-assed gloves? Pfft. Pourquois? If it's that damn cold Outside, than either 1) this delicate flower is Inside or 2) I'm wearing glove-gloves. That made sense to me.

That is, until this delicate flower decided to knit outdoors this last Friday. "Outdoors in San Luis" you wonder? Yeah. Here in The Big City of SLO the sun always shines, the birds always sing and always with The Pretty People walking the sidewalks. Outdoors anywhere else along the coastline? It sucks weather ass. Truth be told though, it doesn't suck on the "hanging out and enjoying it" front. I love me some real Weather. It just sucks on the photog front and the "knitting outside" front.

Thus, the love of knucks was born. No way am I going to be outside in The Fog again, with cold hands and an itch to knit!

Outside of knitting?

Wait, what? There's stuff outside of knitting?

Oh, that's right. Local guy Chuck Liddell got his bell rung. and a local business owner passed on. I love Mo's alot. It's the best place to get fried green tomatoes outside of Louisiana or my kitchen. Mo's is some seriously good eats.

Tomorrow is the weekly Monday KnitUp at Woodstone in Avila (which if you're a true local . . . ? It ain't really Avila. It's "Avila Adjacent" and how snobby does THAT sound, LOL!) I'm looking forward to meeting up with these ladies again. They are so flipp'n nice and interesting and welcoming.

I AM wondering how my sweet friend SisterDi is doing though. She had a quick and unexpected move away and until I get to see her again, I worry.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Nice socks. And knucks out of Aurora 8? Fantastic. You will love them.