Thursday, September 11, 2008

Avila Slideshow:

I'm trying to figure out how to get all "Ellen Bloom" on you, with the cool-ass slideshow stuff.

Today I ended up hitting Avila Beach, instead of Pismo Beach, for my 9/11 introspective/pensive day and took a ton of pictures.

Mmmkay. Apparently I suck at the embedding. Grrr!

You can check out the slideshow here instead.

So anywhooo. I elected to go to Avila because I had some errands to run in SLO and it made more sense gas-wise.

I don't have many great childhood memories, but the few I do have? Avila is one of the best ones. The 'lagoon' area is absolutely perfect for younger kids or older folks. It's just so peaceful and serene. The water is pretty shallow and the area is usually uninhabited . . . especially on a work day afternoon.

So there are my pictures. Of Avila, of birds, of people, of dogs, and just of. Of my foot that isn't broken anymore and of nature and of scenery.

It was time well spent.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

BEAUTIFUL slide show! Thanks for the reference.

I'm so lazy, instead of re-sizing my pics so they'll upload to blogger, I just throw 'em all on slide.com into a slide show. It really is easy. You must try it. Just remember, when you're ready to import the html lingo into your blog, make sure the blog is in html mode and that you click on the "BLOGGER" version of html on slide.com, otherwise it will just post a black box on your blog. Good luck! Have a great weekend!