Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bits of This and That:

I'm at a crossroad, folks.

One one hand, there is so much *great* going on around this place that it should be illegal.

Friday, The Mike and I had dinner out at Olde Port Inn (which is a misnomer because there ain't no "inn" to it), after visiting the last Avila Beach Farmer's Market of the season.

When I went to the Grover Farmer's Market the other day, I'd picked up some corn from Hayashi's and Oh Good Gawd it was the best corn on the cob I think I've ever eaten! And this is coming from the girl that grew up on a farm and had to tend the family's garden . . . pluck'n and shuck'n and weed'n and hoe'n until my arms like to have fell off!

I've been on the hunt for their corn ever since and lemme just tell you. It's not at the Avila Farmer's Market. Honestly? There really isn't much at that Market. I don't think I'm interested in going when it starts back up next season. Mike scored himself several sugar-free desserts though.

Today I buzzed over to Nipomo, (via Oceano to hit up Hayashi's roadside stand on the way. Three ears of corn, a loaf of artichoke and pesto bread, a bottle of *GET THIS* Porterville olives and a bundle of strawberries later) I visited my buddy Sheila. She's laid up with an extremely bruised back. We sat outside, we sat (I sat, she laid on the floor) inside, enjoyed the sun, enjoyed a movie, knit, didn't knit, ate, drank some wine and overall just hung out together. The weather was awesome from one end of the central coast to the other today.

Tonight was leftovers and in a while I'm going to be firmly planted on the couch, watching the season premier of SNL. Michael Phelps, y'all. And if that isn't incentive enough, then tell me that Tina Fey and Sara Palin are not identical twins from different mothers?

Tomorrow is chock-full of fun as well. It's the last day of this year's I Madonnari street painting festival and later, the monthly Central Coast Beer and Knitting meetup.

And here's where the crossroad comes into play.

My life has an aspect of Wine & Roses fun. Something I think is appropriate for a general knitting blog tied to ravelry that general people will happen upon.

The other aspect of my life isn't all peachy keen and my take on things isn't about the Sweetness and Light.

Today I heard a horrid phone conversation between two people starting down the path of divorce. Two people I know very well.

Some things that go on with me have roots in my childhood and there are some seriously dark parts to that.

I started this blog not actually knowing REAL people reading it . . . maybe CJ and I had met once by then, but we hadn't bonded or hung out like we have since. I didn't know any of you guys reading this when I started and I had started with the intent to talk about my life . . . my real day-to-day, 'no punches held' life story and goings on and what I really really think about shit.

Every day I start a blog post in my head about having been adopted, or unadopted, or how being married is, or how I REALLY feel about things and want to express for myself, to get my thoughts down, and I don't. People I know in real life read this and even though I have that 'Eff You' exterior, I would hate to know I've offended someone.

Having thought about it off and on for several weeks now, I've decided to make my "knitting/rose-colored glasses" blog the one tied to ravelry. I just haven't decided if I want to keep "Knitting Blue Content" that one or if I want to create one with a more 'bland' name to tie to ravelry. Whatever I decide, name-wise and content-wise, I will let my current "friends" know about so they can choose.

With that said, one will not be rainbow kisses and lollipop dreams, so read if you want but don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. I often don't write about things with "full" disclosure in order to not be seen as bitchy. I for one would like to read both your blogs no matter what.

Suzanne said...

I'm with you.