Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crash and Burn, Bass Style:

Do you see them on the list here?

No?

You have to squint and start from the bottom up . . .

Now?

Yeah, 53rd place. What a difference a day *does* make, LOL!

I've come to realize that while he and I can compare our passions, there is a point where we aren't comparable at all.

We both need tools: Multiple rods & reels versus multiple types of needles

We both need inventory: Multiple type yarns versus multiple type lures.

Here's were the difference lies.

I don't "bet" on my passion. I can sit in my living room and be content for hours upon days upon weeks. He on the other hand is not content to take his boat to a local lake and just sit and fish for hours upon days upon weeks. He has to enter competitions and basically bet on the activity. Paying money to "win" a game.

Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods didn't sit in their living rooms dreaming of skill. They got out and practiced, practiced, practiced and practiced some more. Mike wants to only fish for competition and apparently he's not that great at it. I'm guessing this is because of the hours he spends *dreaming* of winning versus the hours he never spends practicing.

The betting is the part I'm really souring on.

Thank you Diana, for the info on the Patron Saint of Fish! It didn't even dawn on me that you'd have the answer, LOL. I just love how there is a saint for everything.

I think I need to get in touch with the Patron Saint of Bettors, or Debtors, or something :eyeroll:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

St. Bernardine of Siena

Patron Saint of Compulsive Gamblers...