Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Good Time Was Had By All:

Today was the monthly Bakersfield ravelry meetup, and this one, hands down, has been the best so far.

The first one was a blast, to be sure. We were a gaggle of knitting strangers meeting up at a coffee shop back in January because of some website created in Boston MA.

Due to KnittingSuzanne's dream of finally meeting other knitters (and using ravelry as the jumping off board) a whole slew of us Central Valleyers now realize we are NOT alone.

Today's meetup was a mix of new members and the usuals and it was awesome! It appears that the majority of us have been stitching away in solitude. Not a clue on how to find others like ourselves.

Little did we all know we were just one website away from finding each other!

It was so nice to hang out with Ariliss, Dragon Yady, Eweology (formerly wase10time), ficklephonebug, Grandy (I'm so glad you came, hon!) jojoy, nepturna, redpixisticks, sisterdi, ZubieJen

Did I miss naming you? It wasn't on purpose, I swear.

Chastise me in the comment section, if you please.

Without ravelry, I'd still be a lone knitter in the middle of Central Valley Freak'n Middle of Nowhere, California.

As an aside: ZubieJen - I really enjoyed spending time with you on the drive there and back. I hope we get to spend more time together. KnittingSuzanne - we really need to get together in Bakersfield or Porterville real soon. Jollyewe - this Thursday at Borders. That's all I have to say about that. sisterdi - I really enjoy hanging out with you. And finally: Joyce - I still really want to spend time with your Saturday morning knitting group. Your presence at the ravelry group is so appreciated and I want to reciprocate.

Now that I've read over this post, I think the title should be "In which I really say Really" or "Pictures to follow". Y'all that were there know I took all kinds of pictures! They are still uploading to flickr though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you're a blogger! Lookong forward to future posts. Thanks for the great time...Diana