Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reasons 248-260 To Always Have Your Camera Handy:

My ravelry Project 365 submission today. One of our themes this week was:

Extra Credit: If a picture is worth a Thousand Words how many can you find?
One day this week, March 26th, music and poetry seems to shine on. Find a perfect mix of a few lines of verse and one of your images to make these men proud.


1827 Ludwig Van Beethoven-Composer died
1859 A.E. Housman-poet born
1874 Robert Frost-poet born
1892 Walt Whitman-poet died
1911 Tennessee Williams-poet born


I'm not big on classical music (although I have a few favorites) and I'm even less interested in poetry. The only *poem* I really know is the one by Joyce Kilmer about trees, but since I'm ALWAYS taking pictures of the great outdoors, this one wasn't hard to do.


Mike - happy to give a sample

(Yes. I hate that he wears that shirt in public!)


Cool use of the hat brim


How do you give up six vials of blood?



Why, one at a time, of course!


All Done!

The nurse (phlebotomist [sp?]) was SO nice and actually pretty funny!

A huge Thank You to Suzanne for seeing Mike today.


Between Bakersfield and Porterville


Poor guy was tilling on a Sunday afternoon


Yuck! I hate nature!

This guy crashed my photog moment outside of El Torito in Bakersfield.


Some kind of flower,

also outside of El Torito


We had a late lunch in Bakersfield

(well, The Mike did. He's aways eating, lol)

Suzanne, next time you drive by the El Torito there, these are those flowers by the sign



Holy Fucking Crap, People! Check this out!

We got back to Porterville and The Mike made a pit stop at the Starbucks by our house.

While he was inside getting his StarCrack (tm)

I was sitting in the car reviewing all the pictures I had taken.

All of a sudden, there was a HUGE-ASS crash sound!

I look over and a car is kind of crumpled in it's front end.

While I'm watching it slowly roll backwards,

a fucking light pole from the median

comes slamming down onto the top of the vehicle

and blowing out the back glass.

BLAM!

That fucking fast things changed for the driver of that car.

Unbelievable.



xxxxxx

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow what a diverse day! I love the tree picture and the bee picture. It was a bee picture - right? It just happened to be on your flower.

Thank goodness it wasn't you in that car. Scary

Suzanne

Jen said...

Holy cow, April. Did she (he?) hit the pole first, or did the pole just sorta give and fall down on the car?