Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quick. Like A Bunny:

Just a quick note to touch on a few things . . .

I'm taking pictures like a mad fiend, but just haven't uploaded them to here.

Tonight's get-together in Visalia was (for me) more fun than any other time I've gone. It was very casual and relaxed and comfortable.

YAY! Jollyewe and sisterdi (of ravelry.com) made it. They both just fit right in, doing their thing and hanging out. The Visalia group is very easy to hang out with.

So's the Bakersfield group too, in case you were wondering!

Jollyewe brought some of her 'going out of business' yarn and seriously? It was freak'n DEVOURED. One lady bought like 5 skeins right off the bat (I have to search her name on ravelry - something like *knittingnana*??). I, personally, exhibited a skosh of restraint and only snapped up one immediately. The others that I was coveting I let languish on the tables and decided that if they were still left at the end, then they were destined for my home. HA! GONE! Chum at a shark convention, lemme tell ya.

The one I got will be perfect for the pattern 'Crusoe' from knitty.com. It's a pattern I've wanted to make for a while but have been holding off until I find the right yarn in the right colorway. This'n is it. Jollyewe calls it 'Super Hero'. I call it perfect for Crusoe.

Dani (laurenswool of ravelry) usually brings some of her hand-dyed (and/or) hand-spun at these Thursday meetups and they get snapped up pretty quick too, so you have to act fast if you want all this "one of a kind" fiber!

Tomorrow, after work, I'm hanging with Jollyewe and all we have planned is some sitt'n and knitt'n and sipp'n of wine . . . we're casual like that, lol.

This weekend I plan on showing you a bazillion pictures. You have been warned!

No comments: