Friday, March 14, 2008

When You Think You Have It Hard:

In case you didn't know, the new knitty has been up for a few days (here, for all you rock dwellers).

Sometimes I like the patterns best, and sometimes I think the articles are more interesting.

This time, one article in particular really makes this edition shine for me.

David Demchuk's submission of what he experiences as a public knitter of the male persuasion.

My Childfree by Choice readers all know the crap we constantly hear - said without any thought, by those that don't *get* us.

Personally, I think anything that's ever been said to me from Breeders is flat-out NOTHING compared to what men must go through when they elect to be open about their passion of sticks (or hooks) and strings.

Some days I'm embarrassed to be a member of the human race.

David's article also makes me look at myself and the preconceived notions I have too.

I thank him for sharing his 'Day in the Life of a Male Knitter'.

No comments: