Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bouncing Up and Down:

Jollyewe landed back in the States today, after spending a week on a sock-knitting cruise with Amy Singer and her husband. Jollyewe's husband. Not Amy Singer's husband. Just to clarify. I dunno what Amy Singer's husband did this last week.

The day before she left, I asked her if there was a chance she would come back from this excursion just sick of knitting. She gave me a wide grin as she responded "No Way".

I know what she was saying. "Sick of The Knitting? Knitta Please." That ain't gonna happen, No Way and No How.

As I kept updating my bloglines roll-call this last week, I paid special attention to the Knitty Blog and the the Jollyewe Blog. DANG! Nothing.

This has been reminding me of when Suzanne (KnittingSuzanne of ravelry.com) came home from Sock Camp 2008 a few weeks ago.

Here's the thing I keep realizing from my fellow knitters: we are just so stoked when a friend goes and does some kick-assed awesome event.

Suzanne with her Sock Camp and Carolyn with her Sock Cruise.

I'm so happy for you guys (insert 'bouncing up and down excitement!)

Thank you ravelry.com. Without it I woulda never met you two fantabulous chicks.

No comments: