Saturday, May 3, 2008

When the Stars Align:

Today has been, and continues to be, a great day!

This afternoon I went down to Bakersfield and hung out with Suzanne (KnittingSuzanne of ravelry). I got to meet her three fur kids - Archie, Veronica and Betty (yes, you read that right, lol) and one of her human offspring - her daughter.

I had a good laugh telling her daughter that her mom has now found 'her people' and 'her people' totally understand her.

The main point of my visit was to hook Suzanne up on some computer-related stuff.

1) The Kings/Tulare/Kern group now has a name - Yarn Mavens - and a blog on blogger. I showed her how to post and add pictures and change the blog's format, etc.

2) When I left, Suzanne's computer was in the middle of downloading 538 knitting-related podcast episodes. Yep. FIVE HUNDRED PLUS. I made sure to start her off with the great ones - Knit Picks, WEBS, David Reidy (sticks n strings), HIZknits and Wondermike (Y Knit) and of course Lime & Violet's too, among several others.

3) She's now got an account with bloglines.com and a few knitting blogs to keep track of. We were so busy that I totally forgot to add this blog to her lineup! She can always keep track of me on ravelry though.

She was sweet enough to take me to lunch - Sequoia's Sandwhich Shop (not sure of the official name but who cares what it's called? It was yummy and I could totally find it again on my own if I had to!)

We also visited The ABC's of Creative Pursuits. I'd never been before, and thanks to her I now know to 'go around the back' if the front doors to the building are locked.

Her house and yards are beautiful, her daughter is very easy to hang with, and of course Suzanne's company is something I treasure immensely.

Neener neener! I got to fondle her stash too!

There's nothing I can think of that would be better than her company on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Now I'm back home, and the rest of my evening will be spent knitting on Carolyn's (Jollyewe of ravelry) sock yarn while I continue watching The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on t.v.

Pure bliss.

The other day, I saw Jen (ZubieJen of ravelry) had queued a mock cable sock pattern that intrigued me. After looking it up, I realized it had all the specifications of the sock I was starting anyway so I decided to do it.

Not so much.

I just do not like sock patterns with self-striping yarn. At. All. Last night I frogged out all the patterned part and got back to the basic stockinette stitch.

The stars aligned tonight for me to knit knit knit on this sock in stockinette while I watch this movie! There's no way I could've done that pattern while paying attention to the movie.

Toodles for now - I've got a movie and sock to get back too.

No comments: