Monday, May 26, 2008

From Me To You . . . With Love:

If you are 1) on ravelry.com and 2) interested in knitterly podcastery?

This is the page for you!

The last two days I've divided my time between Knitters Uncensored and the SModcast that is the brain child of Kevin Smith. Those things and knitting shit.

I've knitted my guts out lately. The weather here in the Central (lower southern) Valley of California is beee-zarro and it's got my knitted head back into cool weather knits. Y'all on ravelry know this based on my latest queue activity. I'm all about the cowls and smoke rings and gaitors at the moment. Neckkitude.

Looking at all the (interesting to me) tight-fitted "around the neck-ness" stuff seems to be focused on A) Lacy or B) Stockinette and most definately C) yummy yarn.

I have the yarn in Yummy. Lacy? Not so much. Stockinette. Definately stockinette . . . with some short rows at the top for the frilly factor.

Here's where I'd like to stab my DPNs into something close-by. The Mike? He'd stab back first and then rumble "whatthehell'swrongwithyou?" The cats? That is just so wrong on a multitude of levels. The yarn? It's the problem.

I'm channeling Holly B by accident!

This cowl-like thingy is being knit up in this yarn.

They call it *Myne* in the colorway CASH07W-011. Alternately it is described as "Light orange, taupe, beige and white." They forgot to mention the hint of light sage in there. Trust you me though, it's a beautiful yarn.

Here's my name for it: *Snot* in the colorway "slipp'n off the needles soft".

I'm really starting to understand the term "slippery as snot".

If I had Three Pigs and an Ogre whilest I knit with snot? I'd be farting Myne yarn.

This shit is slippery as all get out.

Holly, if you could do this slippery shit justice? It's yours without question.

(so wants to see what a mother of three pigs and the wife of an Ogre can do with slippery-assed 100% cashmere yarn while she fights off Zombies from the dark side.)

Grrrrrrr on this yarn! I've wasted three hours that I could've been getting comfortable with my second brown sock on Suzanne's circs. Why oh why do I think I can kick yarn's ass?

****************

Whilest yarn kicked my knitterly ass today, I was sporting my Lisa Souza decadent socks. Both The Mike and I went rummaging for some toasty toe coverage and he FINALLY dug out the socks I knit him a coon's age ago and I dug out the socks I just barely finished last month. In case I haven't mentioned it? The weather 'round these parts is odd. We've had rain these last two days and rain past April is , uh . . . not the norm.

Rain in May? Weirder.

Rain at the end of May? Freak'n Bee-zarro.


Here's where I'd end my talky-talky but something else is going on right now.

'Scilly, the Wonder Dog has something going on. Something Not Quite Right. She exhibited (presented to all y'all Medical Folks) an issue but it was too late to be seen by Dr. Herriot on Friday and we've been monitoring her ever since. She's okay so far and we have fingers crossed she'll be okay tomorrow too. Our uneducated and laymen's minds wonder if she has a foxtail down her throat. She's way too malaised for that though. This is the girl that would forego food for her tennis ball every chance she's given. For the last few days though, she could care less about her tennis ball . . . we don't need another sign. Something ain't right.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Nice list, thanks, that took some time I'll bet.

Holly Bee said...

I actually have some of that crap in a less pretty colorway!!! Argh barf! It is slippery as snot!


I am currently keeping mine in the pretty bag it came in. Some times I take it out and show my friends..."look I own cashmere"

When they ask what I'm going to knit with it I say I haven't decided yet. Lies, it's all lies. It's too freaking slippery to work with.

Try abusing it with horrible cheap sticky needles. My soul hurts saying that.