Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Breaking News:

Whoo Hoo! About an hour and a half ago I finished my second sock from my Lisa Souza stash.

Y'all should see this second kitchener. It's a thing of beauty! What an improvement over my first attempt.

Pictures have been taken (between the bouts of petting) but I've elected to not waste the time fiddling with posting them because . . . well . . . I'm already into my next pair.

The other day I joined the 'Pair of Socks a Month' group on ravelry. I didn't realize that it was so close to the end of April though, so I busted ass to finish this pair by today.

I know me well enough that if I don't immediately start another pair for my 'ambulatory' knitting (grocery shopping, out to dinner, standing in line) I won't finish by the end of May.

This pair is being knit on size 1s. ONES PEOPLE! with Jollyewe's "Oceano" colorway.

I picked this yarn for a reason - a reason that I haven't talked about to anyone outside of The Mike, and a reason that means alot to me.

There is better than average chance that we will be moving back to the Coast in the next few months.

That's all I'm going to say now - except I will add that it's not 100% sure - just more likely than not but who can predict the future besides Sly Stallone's mother and Miss Cleo (remember her? That woman who would say 'call me now' on her commercials?).

For now, I'm going to knit with this yarn and dream about my hometown.

The green in the yarn reminds me of the iceplant that used to be all over the dunes. The darker blue reminds me of my ocean and the lighter blue reminds me of the sky over the pier. I'll daydream about the Dunites and the founders of the city of Halcyon - about being where I feel happiest.

I miss my hometown so much.

The Pinwheel Baby Sweater is still on the needles, but I'm on the last few in-the-round rows before cast-off time. Cast-off time will then become sleeve time, which I'm very excited to do!

Talk with y'all soon.

. . . wanders back to her daydreaming sock knitting.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

which coast are you talking about? We have several.