Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wish Me Luck:

It's about 9:30 tonight, and I have to go to bed pretty dang early . . . but more about that later.

Today CJ (Jollyewe) picked me up, and then we picked up Jen (ZubieJen) and motored on down to Bakersfield to attend the monthly ravelry group meetup.

The three of us laughed alot on the ride down and back! Those two are some funny chicks, lemmetellya. In case y'all don't know this, the smell of Canned Ass is tolerable only when the item exuding said Canned Ass smell is 'cute'. Y'all know that already, right? And we're not talking babies, lol.

The meetup was as relaxing and easy-going as usual, although it did have the lowest attendence I think ever so far. I don't have my ravelry page open at the moment so I'm going off the top of my head: Ariliss (sp?), RedPixiSticks, YarnYady, Grandy, Strickker (I know who she is but I don't think I'm writing the ravelry name right), a lady who came with her, ZubieJen, Jollyewe and of course me.

Not a one of the Visalia people (who last Thursday said they would come). Booooo in them.

Too bad for them though - a good time was had by all. You'll have to ask Jollyewe to tell you about some of the ravelry groups she's happened upon. We all about died laughing.

Noticably absent was KnittingSuzanne but several of us already knew she wouldn't be there. That lucky duck has been hanging out with the likes of Cookie A, the Yarn Harlot and Cat Bordhi among others, at the annual Sock Camp. Yayyyy on her!

While I remembered to bring my promised ballwinder and swift, and the second sock from my delicious Lisa Souza project to knit on, alas I forgot my camera. Boooo on me. Both Jen and CJ had theirs, luckily, so I will make sure something is posted somewhere so I can be a woman of my word to SisterDi (I promised her I'd blog or post pictures since she has a work commitment that makes it nigh on impossible to make these Saturday meetings).

CJ delivered me to my doorstep about 5pm and got to meet The Mike and see his (our?) boat. He's so wrapped up in tomorrow he completely lost all grasp of his social skills. Sorry he was kind of a jerk CJ(although I SWEAR he's rarely a jerk to people other than his wife and lots of people think he's actually a nice person - unlike when people meet me for the first time, lol!).

Which brings me to tomorrow, people!

FISHING. TOURNAMENT. COLD. DARK:THIRTY. ME. TOMORROW!

After CJ left, I've been in go-go-go mode. Helped clean the boat, put it away, covered it up, started laundry, got a fishing license, bought the fix'ns for breakfast & lunch, got home and simultaneously (sp?) made three meals - breakfast burritos and sammiches for tomorrow and dinner for tonight, cleaned up the kitchen, and now I'm blogging AND helping Mike string poles while the laundry finishes up.

Whew. I'm exhausted physically but I still need my *down time*. About 10-ish, I should be able to just sit and read for a bit to wind down.

Oh, and y'all KNOW I have knitting ready for tomorrow too, right? In a ziplock baggy in case we capsize. If for any reason I have to actually enter the lake, there are only three things left to do at that point.

1) Save the knitting. Lisa Souza 100% merino in a discontinued yarn. Y'all know.

2) Scream my head off and flail like a maniac, thus sabotaging any attempt of rescue.

3) Kill Mike.

I love love LOVE water but I hate hate HATE actually being *in* it. Scares the Holy Bejeezus out of me. All that *stuff* under me that I can't see. Yuck. I'm not worried about drowning. The tourney requires all boaters to use life-jackets and I really can swim well. My stark fear is something brushing my foot or leg and me completely losing my ever-lov'n mind in panic. If y'all hear a bloodcurdling scream between 5am and 2pm . . . send up a prayer . . . for Mike. I'ma kill him for dunking me in the drink before I succumb to my fright.

Wish me luck (and alot of you guys have already told me you're looking forward to me SMOK'N these guys tomorrow). I have as good a chance as everyone else and I'm feeling good about it.

If it blows monkey chunks though? I've got the knitting and the camera to entertain myself, lol.

FISH ON.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, AJ. You'd make a fine newspaper reporter. I thought you all down there having fun and was completely jealous!

Have a wonderful time tomorrow and remember to forgive Mike if you ya'll capsize - and most of all save that yarn!

Diana

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Mike was rude at all........he's was just focused on today, I understand completely.

Canned Ass!! Hey, that little air freshener is REALLY cute!

I hope you smoke all those guys today!

Oh, and remember to tread water with the Lisa Souza heald high above your head out of danger!!

Holly Bee said...

Rock it out friend!!!