Sunday, April 20, 2008

So Freak'n Tired:

Well, Good Morning!
More accurately - Good Evening!


First shot of the lake -

It's so dark, my camera doesn't have any light to use.


YAY!

Sun finally but it is NOT warm.

Note to self: make some 1/2 fingered gloves for us.



The competition.

Technically, Mike was my competition too -

it's an individual tournament.

My least favorite part of the entire event.

I HATE flying across the lake, with the boat's nose up in the air.

It scares the heck outta me!



My view for most of the trips back and forth.

Head firmly between knees so I don't pass out from fright.

This is a fishfinder/depth thingamabobber.

It shows that the water temp is 67 degrees, the boat is travelling 5.6 mph, the depth below the boat is 55 feet and it also shows the bottom with lots of fish hanging out.


This screen shows the water temp at 65 degrees, speed at 2.9 mph, depth of 9 feet,

and the water below the boat just FILTHY with fish!

It also shows the *structure* under water.


That there is *structure*

Things that the fish can hang out around.

Stuff like piers, trees, brush, docks, tires, dead bodies.

You know.

That's a brushhog.

With no fish on it.

We saw a LOT of that.



The tournament is over and we're heading back to the loading dock.

NOTHING, PEOPLE!

Oh, wait, actually Mike caught one fish that was 10 1/2 inches long.

They have to be 13 inches to qualify as a keeper.

I got two solid bites, but didn't hook either one.

The entire tournament had 23 fishermen (all of us)

and of those 23, only 7 fish were caught -

by 6 people.

That means about 3/4 of us didn't catch Jack Crap

and 1/23rd of us managed to hook two keepers for the day.

The biggest fish hooked weighed in at 8.22 (approx) lbs,

and the smallest keeper snagged was 0.84 lbs

I can honestly say that I find fishing fun

but catching fish is a damn hassle!!

Not once did I break out the knitting

and I talked Mike into fishing until the 2pm end.

He wanted to quit at 1pm in defeat.

WIMP.

We've been home since about 6pm and Mike's already had a nap, LOL.

I'm so freak'n tired that I think if I have a glass of wine right now,

I'd probably sleep until Tuesday afternoon.

*off to get myself a snoot of the vino*

See you Tuesday!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That first picture of the lake is a keeper.

Don't forget about knitting. I think you're going to get hooked on fishing and will forget knitting.

Anonymous said...

Well hell!! I was hoping you would kit all those guys asses.....maybe next time.

You could make a set of Dashing and Fetching fingerless gloves for you and Mike....do you think he would wear them?