Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can:

Hey all!

What can I say? Knitting my first "sweater" had overtaken my every waking moment.

I'm past the part where I use waste yarn to mark the sleeves - that I even know what that sentence means is HUGE. THANK YOU ravelry posts and groups and forums for that!

I've let a bazillion things fall to the wayside due to this first sweater.

1) KnittingSuzanne gave me the heads-up for Yarn Harlot's L.A. visit this next Saturday. BOOOOOOO that Yarn Harlot's people waited until the last damn minute to announce it! Some of us devotees have jobs and families and . . . eh . . . LIVES.

2) Something I'd wished I could've planned better to attend was Dani's birthday party yesterday (she's Laurenswool on ravelry if'n you didn't know that). I picked the wrong week to procrastinate on stuff! If I had been all caught up on regular stuff, then I'da been there. Damn it.

3) If I wasn't knitting my guts out, there would be a much more interesting blog post.

Sorry! I'm too busy knitting. Y'all know what that's like.

Is it grossly egregious that I'm taking a mental health (without pay) day tomorrow to catch up on laundry, cleaning, taxes and breathing?

Damn this first sweater.

I love it so.

Everyone that has sent me a note about anything lately? I hope that by tomorrow night I've caught up and can respond.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ooops --- The Yarn Harlot will be in San Francisco next Sat. Not LA, I wish - I would be down there in a heart beat. SF is a bit too far to go for a day jaunt.