Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random Pictures Wednesday:

Here's the felted vase I made out of Lisa Souza's discontinued yarn
Now with needle felting!
Sorry - the camera has a problem capturing the true purple color



Last night's sunset.

It was so beautiful!


My camera's 'panoramic' setting in use (from r to l)

I elected to angle up on the left end,

to not have the 'fish eye' shot which is typical of

panoramic shots with this camera


Seriously. I thought there was a fire

in the neighborhood to the west of us . . .

until I smelled orange blossoms in bloom instead of smoke.

Yesterday's sunset was stunning.


Final shot of yesterday's sunset - I swear!



Lake Kaweah this last Sunday.
The water is SO high now.
That boat far in the right side background?
It's about where the club launched just a few months ago.
Unfrigg'nbelievable!



From the passenger's side of the car,

motoring back on home after the team tournament.


Sunday's sunset.

The sky was the color of sherbert.

My camera couldn't quite capture the brightness of the colors.


Hey, hey!

Lookie at my Pinwheel Baby Sweater WIP!

This was taken Sunday evening and

I'm way past that, if'n you can believe it.

(as an aside - I'm using my vintage Boye circular needle set, circa 1970)


Do you see that minty green yarn in the middle of the blue there, in front?

That's where a sleeve is going . . .

so the pattern tells me.

I'll let'cha know when I get to that part.


Porterville is crazy on patriotism
(and I know there's a reason, but I need to locate the source of the info.
more on that when I can find it. Jen, if you know the particulars, let me know.)
Near the corner of Main St. and Olive (or Hockett and Olive)
the local grocery store has a HUGE flag always flying on the flag pole.
Huge-Huge.
I've only once ever seen a flag this big before. I'll tell you about it one day.
It made me cry and still chokes me up when I think about it.



This was Friday's sunset,

driving west on 190 from Rustler's.



I was trying to get a shot of the color of the sky.

The color is there, but the tree jumped outta nowhere, I tell ya!


Another tree shot.

I love the surreal aspect.





The Mike and I went to dinner Wednesday.
I told him he's looking over the camera . . .




He then got caught staring at my chest.

BUSTED!


When I enjoy sushi, it's all about the raw and natural.

It's a freak'n SUSHI joint!


Mike though?

He'd eat fried dog food, so long as he had the hot sauce for it.

In the forefront of that picture is sushi.

FRIED FUCKING SUSHI.

What the heck is wrong with this guy?

(full disclosure: oh my lawdy lawdy that sushi was scrumdeeleeicious. That other stuff? No Thank You.)



Random picture.

It's hard (for me) to get a shot of a flag completely unfurled and in full glory.

That's a nice flag anyway though.



The rose from my "Professional's Day" day





The lantern above our head at dinner.



"Anticipation"

Mike added the beans at the top right.

He thought it would artistically (sp?) add to the shot.

I agree.



(two things I don't want to forget:

KnittingSuzanne - I even read the Harlot's post and STILL wrote "Los Angeles". I are dumb.

Jen: I'm going to look into that irs.gov stuff. I did realize after I posted that I didn't mean to imply the rebate has to be declared as 'income'. I meant that the rebate has to be deducted from a potential 2008 tax refund. I would be very surprised if the government is handing out $600 per person that doesn't have to be accounted for somehow somewhere on our 2008 Form 1040 - but I'll check it out further.)

3 comments:

Jen said...

OMG, April, when did you eat sushi? Fam and I ate there last night around 6:45... wtf!?! (I swear, I went in there looking to see if you were there so you could see how well my kids behaved at a restaurant. Let's just say I'm glad we were there at different times. J/K!)

Suzanne said...

Good job on the sweater, great pics of the sky and food. We love sushi too!
I can't believe the lake is that full, seems like forever that it has been really low.

Jen said...

btw, I realized after I posted my comment that you said you went there Wednesday, and last night was NOT Wednesday. We can chalk this up to having no job and therefore never knowing what day it is, but that seems a little pathetic, so we'll just say I'm a flake who types things before thinking. That's a little less sad, doncha think?