Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hopped Up On Goofballs:

That's my phrase whenever someone has taken legal narcotics.

Which I did about two hours ago.

Outside of making me feel somewhat nauseous (sp?), the pain really hasn't abated much.

I got me a Godzilla-sized toothache going on and 2 Ibuprofin, a 500 mil Vicoden and numerous swabs of both Ambesol (sp?) and that horrid Red Cross tooth pain medicine and seriously? Not much of a difference.

It's my last few days of work and I just cannot miss any time. I went online and looked up the dentists in SLO that take my dental insurance and have sent out appointment requests to two of them. This modern world of internetting is freak'n awesome. Hopefully one of them will get back to me tomorrow and I can get seen first thing next Monday.

And about that Red Cross stuff. A while back I had a toothache and a friend had that in her purse. Holy Moly that stuff tastes like death on a rotten cracker but it worked lightening quick so I felt it was worth the horrid taste. I think part of it is made with pure clove oil. It smells like cloves something awful and tastes like pure clove concentrate (which is NOT a good taste, lemmetellya!) Tonight though, I got to enjoy the putrid taste but with no lightening quick benefit. Damn that sucks.

So now I have the crap taste of clove in my mouth, I feel queasy from the Vicoden and really, my pain went from a 10 to a 9.5. I'm not seeing much of a benefit to the wonders of modern medicine.

Maybe I should've bought Jim Beam instead.

No comments: