Saturday, July 19, 2008

If You Find Yourself In Atascadero Tonight:

Or if you find yourself in the general vicinity and looking for something to do, then please to be checking out the upstairs of Hoover's 101 Cafe. My brother-in-law's band Dragwater takes the stage in about 40 minutes.

My favorite song of theirs is "Burn", which you can hear on their MySpace page.

Yes. I accept the weird dichotomy of loving some of my BIL's songs and yet hating pretty much all hard-rock music.



My BIL Brian - Dragwater's drummer



Brian in action

(His drums are clear. See-through. Pretty sweet kit he's got going)



Billy Doty - Swing'n Little Guitar Man
(and 50 points if you name that reference!)

Billy is one of the nicest guys you'll ever know, and he comes from good stock. His dad was a well-loved veterinarian at the coast. Billy and his wife Terri both - great people. Don't let his bad-ass look fool you.




Sean - Lead Singer
(and major dickhead, but that's just my opinion)

Go check 'em out if you get the chance. After this week, I'll be back at their shows. You'll know me since I'll be the chick sitting in the corner, ear plugs in, drinking wine and knitting, LOL!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Mikes cuter than his brother.