Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Empty:

Mike's back over at the Coast now, after spending Saturday night here in Porterhell.

I'm a lucky duck in some ways.

As he was getting into town, I hit the road, picked up Jen and then headed on down to Bakersfield for my last (for a good long while at least) meetup with my fellow Yarn Mavens.

It was a nice visit with my South Valley fiber friends. I got to say goodbye to MaryAnn, Cindy, Joyce, Lisa, Beth (I don't know who she is on ravelry) and I also got to meet, for the first time, Meg and Sara. I wish I'd had a few more months of hanging out with those two!

Unfortunately, I missed being able to say goodbye to Kim and her adorable daughter Alex, as well as Ruth, Ari (who is in my thoughts as she deals with the loss of her mother), Christy (who is as funny and interesting to know as Kim is!), Caroline (and Boo on her for picking the Olympic Swimming Trials instead - just kidding! It's hard to be mad at a gal that chose to gaze upon this, this, and this. Just say'n).

I didn't say goodbye to Jen yet, because she's kinda-sorta offered to invite me over for dinner this Wednesday (and I don't care if her house isn't 100% presentable so she better invite me over officially - since I'll be ringing her doorbell at 6pm that day anyway, lol!). I also didn't say goodbye to Suzanne yet either, because we'll be driving one last time together to the weekly Thursday meetup in Visalia at Borders.

Although they never made it to a Yarn Maven's meetup, I certainly wish I had gotten to meet many of the other people on ravelry who make up the "Kings-Tulare-Kern Counties" group. They sure seem to be a bunch of note-worthy and interesting knitters.

In the end though, I'm not saying "goodbye" as in forever. I'm a mere ravelry PM, blogspot comment, email [to ajdury(at)yahoo(dot)com] or visit away for every one of my Valley peeps.

I have some awesome and amazing friends because of ravelry and I damn well won't let a spot of geography keep us apart.

Oh, and I haven't even told you yet how Suzanne got me to well up with tears yesterday too! Me. The thick-skinned Tell It Like It Is chick. Yep. Cried. Just a little, but it happened.

Thursday will be my last (for a good long time at least) visit with the Visalia Borders group. That deserves its own post, so stay tuned.

Tonight, my P'ville house is a little more empty and my SLO house is a little more full. The stash is gone. GONE. I look forward to meeting up with it in a week, to organize and pet and enjoy it again in its new home.

Truth be told, I look forward to organizing and petting and enjoying ALL my stuff soon. My dishes and and my fruit/vegetable crate label collection and my postcard collection and heck! Even my husband. He needs some serious organizing, petting and enjoying round 'bout now :grin:

No comments: