Saturday, February 16, 2008

Insert Title Here:

Before I forget . . . OHMYGAWD people. I have four subscribers (okay, three not counting myself) through bloglines.com. At some point, two other people (not named Jollyewe) added me to their bloglines rollcount and I didn't even know! Thank You to you both, whomever you are (and Thank You too Jollyewe, for turning me on to bloglines in the first place).

Back on track . . . The Spring '08 IK just hit my doorstep and there is a definate 'different-ness' about it. It's hard to describe, but I'll try. When Ms. Jang took the helm, there was a real change to the look and feel (and a good change fersher) almost right away. This issue is even MORE different, and still in a good way.

It feels *so* much more modern now. I'm not talking the actual pattern content. I'm just talking about the articles and the advertisements and the content of the regular 'departments'. It grew up 10 years in six months and lemme just say . . . AWESOME . . . and about frigg'n time.

Kudos to all the staff (and obviously Eunny Jang's vision) for taking an already great magazine to the next level.

Even before the changes at IK, Vogue Knitting was left in the dust. A lot of their issue selections leave me scratching my head. I know they're all *vogue* and shit, but really? How can they put themselves on a pedestal when their patterns are often printed wrong in the magazine?? You're not all that when you can't manage the little things.

JUST MY OPINION.

In my opinion though? VK has also made some good changes lately but they have to solve global warming, at this point, to be near the same status as IK in my eyes. Hmm. Too bad VK didn't scoop up Eunny Jang before IK did. Now THAT would've been a shot in the arm for Vogue.

In other news . . .

Today I took a boatload of pictures of a mystery train trestle in my town. I've driven past this thing . . . oh, easily 50 times. I ain't never seen this before though!









I never did look closely under the trestle while I was there today. Who the hell wants to have to call 911 to report another dead body in the fields around Tent City next to the Porterville Fairgrounds.

Click here to see the originals and the tweaked ones from the series.

(please know that when I use *ain't* and *forpetesfuck* etc . . . I'm making a conscious decision to use non-proper English vernacular. I know the difference and that language isn't how I talk in public. I know better than that, forpetesfuck!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more about IK. It used to be ever so slightly "beginner", since EJ has taken over I have seen things mature in an awesome way. I think the current Creative Knitting, or Knitters reminds me of the old IK, big, chunky easy knits....which is fine, but I more prefer more challenging patterns of things I will actually wear as a 30 something woman.

And as for Vogue....sometimes I just look at that it and say WTF!!! Some stuff is OK, but they are trying to hard to be trendy....forpetesfuck! hehe