Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Road Trip!

Sunday (February 10, 2008) The Mike and I went on a driving excursion so I could play with my camera.

Get this though! Not just my Point & Shoot Kodak V570 digital camera that I always take pictures with, but also with two Minolta 35mm cameras that KnittingSuzanne ( over at ravelry ) has loaned me to 'practice' with.

The 35mm photos aren't available to be seen yet, but I had such a fun time playing with all of them!

Thank you Suzanne, for entrusting me with your gear. I'm tickled pink to be given the opportunity to learn this fancyschmancypict'rtak'n stuff!

Speaking of Suzanne, we had our second-ever Bakersfield ravelry meetup Saturday and I am (even more) inspired in my knitting love. To be meeting people that knit circles around me makes me want to be better at the craft.

And to end my Suzanne part of the post: Stitches West!! I am so excited, and looking forward to hanging out with her there. It's gonna be so fun.

Foot update: Still fractured, but less so than 7 weeks ago. The good Doctor said I'm on track and just to do what doesn't hurt or make it worse. And I paid HOW MUCH for that pearl of wisdom? I kid. Kinda. The foot *is* getting better, to be sure, although some evenings it really hurts and pretty much every night while laying in bed it seizes up/spasms. I'm sticking with positive vibes though.

Smoking update: In 7+ weeks I have had three cigarettes. Yes. I smoked them. Reasons, excuses, whatever you want to call them, I have them. The last one was after the big blowout with The Mike and the State of our Union address. The cigarette tasted terrible. The cravings really havent abated 100% (more like 75% but that other 25%? Annoying as fuck).

I've just decided that I don't want to be a smoker. Period. It literally stinks.

Freckles: She's been at the Vet since last week. Her bladder/urinary problem was worse and needed to be stabilized. On top of that, the Vet finally told Mike like it is and said Frecks Is. Too. Damn. Fat. Frecks tops the scales at 13+ lbs and a *normal* cat should weigh in around 8 lbs. So, while being under observation for her bladder, they've tried to introduce her to the idea of 'diet'. From what we hear, she's protesting the concept. Vehemently and stubbornly. Takes after The Mike.

I'll save the rest of the topics for another day. Y'all really don't want to hear about crappy marriages now do you?

(to see the entire group of pictures from the road trip, clickyclackity here )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww, Cali Hot Springs, remind me to tell you about a crazy ass camping trip there.

Cats are supposed to weight 8 pounds.....!!!!! YIKES, I got one that's topping the scales at 18. Cats are not good dieters, she walks around the house screaming at us whenever she can even see the bottom of her dish.

KnittingBlueContent said...

18 pounds????!?! Your cat is the size of two cats! Frecks can hold her weight to about 10 and still look good, but at 13+ her stomach fur almost touches the ground. That can't be good.

Next time we knit together, it definately needs to include alcohol and then do tell about your crazyassed camping trip, lol!