Saturday, February 9, 2008

Salmon and Roe


Salmon and Roe, originally uploaded by ajdury.

One of the project365 themes this week had to do with taking a picture of a meal/food.

This week's 'Friday Night Group of Fisherpersons and Their Significant Others Go To Dinner Together' is on hiatus due to an out-of-town fishing tournament this weekend.

We really enjoy those rare non-planned dinners because we get to do our own thing and not worry about what 10 other people think.

So sushi it was, and we LOVED it, like usual.*

I'm all about the sashimi, and The Mike is all about the tempura anything meat.

Tonight he enjoyed several items of non-fried tastiness. I KNOW!

My Spicy Tuna roll? He loved. One word - Spicy. The Together roll has flayed shrimp and he loves shrimp in every form.

Before he met me, he'd never ever once EVER tasted Japanese or Thai or Indian food.

Evah.

I KNOW!

Yes . . . I married him anyway. He's better for it, don't you think? LOL

(* last week's theme had to do with getting permission to take a pic. I never felt comfortable *asking* so I didn't particpate in that one. Tonight, I brought out the camera when we got our Miso soup and The Mike didn't bat an eyelash. He's learning that I love LOVE love taking pictures of pretty much anything. After several pictures of our dinner, he still didn't say one everlov'n word. Really - he knows now. It was when I started snapping pics of the entire restaurant and many of their patrons that Mike looked at me as if I'd sprouted snakes from my scalp and said "I'll be in the car". No really. He said that and sat in the car LOL!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmm sushi my favorite!!!!

Ellen Bloom said...

Yayyy! You're taking picutres in public! Finally! Have a blast!

Holly Bee said...

Ok, ok, I only just had sushi last week. Really. But I live in Michigan. Would you trust sushi in Michigan? Yeah, I didn't think so.

But I am all over it now. Plus Thai, Indian, and pretty much any other style food you can throw at me...ah, tears are welling up in my eyes...