Monday, February 11, 2008

Room for Sweater Puppies?

I plan on blogging REAL stuff real soon - brokenass foot updates, marriage updates, lack of a job (not me) updates, road trip and fabulous picture taking updates, knitting friends updates and Life in General updates.

But before all that happens, I just HAVE to show you this:




I've promised myself that knitting a sweater is in my future (damn, that April '08 starting mark keeps getting closer!) but I aim small and kinda have a baby/toddler/kidlet sweater in mind.

That was until I perused the latest Patternworks catalogue and laid my eyes on this beauty from Classic Elite Yarns! I KNOW! Me. That. Knitting. Goal. SCARY!

It's funny, but I don't even like the Feather & Fan motif in general. This sweater though? Love it.

Here's my concern. My "girls", aka "boobs" are not of average or even slight stature. They are what they are and they are C+. I'm all for the tank/undershirt like the model sports, so don't think I plan on parading around bareskinned except for the sweater!

What I wonder is, are they gonna look even bigger in that sweater? THAT I don't need.

Man I love that sweater though.

What say you guys? Does that sweater have the proper shape for those with sweater puppies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it!!!! However, I tend to like it when my "girls" are screaming "hello, look at me!!!"

I don't think the way the yoke hits on the chest it will make things too out of proportion....you can always minimize with a tight undershirt

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great sweater - I just love it. You might consider making the patterned area a little longer on the boobs part. You wouldn't want it to stop mid-boob. If you knit it from the top down you could try it on as you go and see where it would be best to stop the pattern. I would certainly be willing to help you with this - that is if you want help.

This is a new favorite sweater for me. I had not seen it before. It would look really cute on my daughter (adult). She is well endowed upstairs too.