Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hate to Love:

Is it weird that I love this person's designs but hate this person's blog?

Her designs are (to me, and trust you me I'm certainly no expert. Hell, I don't even play one on t.v.) fashion forward. Both slick and clean. LOVE her knitting stuff.

Her blog though? I find it hard to slog through. She (again, just to me and I'm less than a sub-par expert in such things) writes as if she holds a grudge against something/someone. She doesn't read like she's satisfied in any way with anything around her. Everyone but her and hers sucks on ice and it's all she can do to grit her teeth through every interaction with other humans.

Her designs must come from something. Wherever she's getting her inspiration? It's working for her. 99.9% of her stuff is home run material (again, with the *to me* caveat).

I have to figure out how to reconcile myself with the fact that I am more in love with her fresh, chic, clean patterns than I am in hate with her below-the-surface, making-fun-of-the-little-people drivel that eminates from her blog.

That woman can rock a knitting pattern.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

You crack me up!
You are soooooo right on (and brave for admitting this on the blog-o-sphere)!