Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Perfection With a Cherry On Top:

We survived the build-up to the party, the party itself and then the post-party decompensing.

What a blast!

The place was clean and looked fabu:







'Scilly was SO well-behaved and we were very proud of her:



Callie . . . not so much. It wasn't that she "misbehaved" but Lawdy that cat can be a nuisance!



When she wasn't glued on people's laps or draped around their necks, she would perch on Becca's knitting bag (more about Becca in a sec). That cat loves her some perching!

People actually showed up . . .



. . . and had themselves a good time.





(Sheila and two of her friends came over also, but I didn't get my camera out until after they had left)

The lady knitting is 'Becca on Ravelry. She took me up on my invite the other day and brought her man Bruce. They are such nice people and totally fun and funny. They fit right in and I'm so glad they made it down.

I doubt I'll ever get tired of hanging out with other knitters. They just 'get it', ya know?



Our Ravelympic sock entries



Her handknit shawl

Oh, and 'Becca? I took that page out of your book and had some of your cake for breakfast on Sunday, lol. It was gooooood! Thanks for making it and bringing it.

Sunday was filled with a whole lotta noth'n. Mike slept in VERY late and we both napped that afternoon. It was perfect.

Yesterday (Monday) I lollygagged around and then went to the post office in the afternoon. My big trip out of the house in several days, actually. I picked the post office on Madonna Road because it's right next to Laguna Lake and I wanted to take some pictures.

Hmm. I just found that link and look at their picture on there . . .



Looks an awful lot like the picture I snapped yesterday . . .



It was so peaceful there and the weather couldn't have been more perfect!









Lookie these people. They have a lake for a back yard. How cool is THAT?






Even the Fed Ex drivers 'round these parts have a great life:



Just as I was wrapping up my exhausting day of sitting and picture taking and enjoying the great outdoors . . .



. . . Sheila called and that's when the cherry plopped right on top of my already perfect time.

I'll tell y'all about it later. It's freak'n awesome.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great party. Soooo sorry I couldn't make it! Darn!

Wow! The house looks beautiful. LOVE black applicances with white cabinets in the kitchen!

You do live in paradise!