Thursday, August 7, 2008

Have You Ever:

Have you ever met someone that you immediately take a disliking to? Maybe you can't put your finger on exactly why, or maybe you know EXACTLY what rubs you the wrong way, but there's an immediate dislike.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the receiving end of that feeling at the moment.

There's this chick I've met two times now, and almost from the outset it's been a chilly vibe wafting my way.

One word responses to generic questions, derisive 'bye' as I leave - you can hear the sneer in the tone, talking to everyone but me, not responding when I join the conversation.

Lord knows I've felt that 'immediate dislike for no apparent reason' myself. Sometimes I never see that person again, usually I end up being right about my original gut feeling, and every so often I change my opinion after getting to know the person better.

It's no great shakes this chick isn't planning on being my new best friend. I got lots of friends, and even some best ones - more than my fair share maybe, and if me and this chick never do hit it off I will figure out a way to drag myself out of bed every morning and live my life with a purpose.

I've never felt it like this before. It's palpable. It's like another presence hovering between us.

Conversely, have you ever NOT met someone in real life but just KNOW you guys would be great friends?

I'm starting to feel that way about Dani of the Brown Eyed Mom podcast. She's so funny and I love her conversational style. Her voice is kinda sexy in weird way too.
(andohmygawdifsheeverreadsthisIhopeshedoesn'tgetarestrainingorderagainstme!)
Just like with Holly B I'm pretty certain I'd enjoy their friendships, despite them having kids, lol.

I'm off to bed in a minute - the Ravelympics start time (for my time zone) is five FREAK'N a.m. tomorrow.

Hope all you slacker sleeper-inners have a good one tomorrow!

No comments: