Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ravelry Rocks - Reason # 793:

As I've been unpacking box after box after box (after box, lather, rinse, repeat) all the yarny crafty stuff has been put into the Yarny Crafty room for later organization and culling.

Last Sunday Sheila came over and helped me unload a few 'craft only' box contents and we puttered around a bit. After she left, I puttered around for several more hours, putting things here and there on my immense bookcase, working for 'the look' that I liked.

Towards the end of the evening, it dawned on me that my pattern book area was a bit sparce from what I remembered should be there. Once I got to thinking about it, I started feeling there was a good bit not accounted for, although I didn't know *what* exactly.

This week started with my usual chore activity for getting the house finished . . . six loads of laundry a day, cleaning up stuff, putting away five loads of laundry every day, finding yet another box of kitchen stuff and figuring out where it goes . . . you know.

One of the items on my to-do list was dealt with yesterday: unearthing the box that has my entire antique (and some just *old*) postcard collection and figuring out what to do with them all. These are predominately postcards of the Central Coast with a few of Porterville and some others thrown in the mix. I have around 30 in frames and about another 15 not in frames. My oldest postmark is from 1906 and the oldest postmarked on of my hometown area is of Avila from 1913. I have a postcard that shows an aerial view of Hwy 101 through San Luis Obispo, and there is no Madonna Inn - in fact, it shows construction of the freeway where it was decided to stop it from travelling through downtown SLO. I find them all fascinating!

So anywho. Once that was done, box emptying stopped for the evening and dinner got made. But. This means I only have two other boxes left to empty. Yeah. That's IT. FINALLY!

This morning I hopped on ravelry (as I do every morning and every hour on the hour and sixty times more as the evening progresses) and went poking around
my library there. I've been a very good girl about cataloguing (sp?) my library stash and Thank GAWD for that. Now I can see all the books I own that haven't shown up yet in the unpacking process!

I gotta go finish those last two boxes STAT. I know for sure one box is all craft content so fingers crossed my beloved items are in there.

There has been knitting activity overall 'round these parts, but my entire day and evening was shot and not one stitch was created on my socks. I did, at least, take an in-progress picture today which I will post real soon.

Until then, I leave you with these snaps:





1 comment:

Danni said...

Those cats look happy!