Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Off The Hook:

No, not "off the hook" in the social slang sense.

Off the dinner hook!

Mike won't be home in time for me to cook dinner and get to my knit night this evening, so he's just gonna make do. Yay. Works out well though, since the box** that I packed with all my seasonings and spices and cooking staples has mysteriously disappeared in our move.

In anticipation of my participation in the Ravelympics, tonight I will be frogging these socks.

I'm a member of Team Central Coast and I'll be representing in two challenges: Sock Put and WIPs Wrestling. My WIP's submission is that baby sweater I started back in April for my Knittingversary. All it needs are the sleeves picked up and knitted. THAT'S IT. So sad, my laziness.

The Ravelympics are only two weeks in duration so once it starts I have to spend all possible free time on those socks. I'm going to be doing the short-row heel, thanks to Suzanne's help and instructions. I'm also going to be separating the colors so that I can control the blending - I don't want to deal with the common "Noro Surprise" that comes with their self-striping yarns (read knots and sudden color changes). I'll be doing this at knit night tonight.

After that, since it's in the same shopping center, I'm going to hit up the grocery store and buy all those damn kitchen supplies that I cannot find. Grrrrrr.

**Oh, and I think that box also had our ceiling fan blades in it too, but that's a tiff he and I are going to have another day. I packed and he loaded but somehow these missing fans are going to be *my* fault.

No comments: