Friday, October 12, 2007

Ass? Dragging. Eyelids? Heavy!:

I am very tired but it was SO SO worth it!

Got home just after midnight (and 15 minutes into my 39th B-day, bytheway!), and sought sleep just about 1 am.

Usually one am bedtimes don't phase me, but I think the long drive home is what did me in.

I have 2 hours until I have to go to work (took 1/2 day yesterday and the morning off today) so it's time to inhale coffee, clean up and get into 'earn a living' mode.

A proper post will follow soon and it will include the following:

Lots of pictures of the drive down.

Recap of L.A. traffic both coming and going.

Lots of pictures of The Grove/Farmer's Market.

Recap of our linner (late lunch/early dinner is always called 'linner' here).

Recap of Crazy Aunt Purl's event, in which she is A-damn-DORABLE, funny as FUCK, calls me out in the middle of her Q&A, and ends still being A-damn-DORABLE.

Talk of the WeHo's, CAP's bestest friend Faith, the too-small venue, gift baskets, a chick from New Jersey, The Mike getting usurped from his very-back-of-the-room-out-of-the-way-trying-to-be-invisible spot, and I finally saw someone knitting socks in what I *think* is called the 'magic loop' method.

Hopefully there will be some video in there of Laurie reading from her book, and The Mike singing for me. Those depend on me mastering the ability to post video. I have a big brain though, so I'ma try my level best.

None of this will probably happen until either late this evening or Saturday.

Work (as mentioned) this afternoon, then dinner with the Bass Club group at
The Springville Inn so it all depends on how much wine I consume before the night is through!

MAN! That was so fun last night!

***ETA*** I just found Ellen Bloom's pictures from last night, so now I don't have to leave you empty handed!

Thanks Ellen! (If you're looking at the fronts of the people sitting, I'm on the right block of seats, second row, 1st seat from inside aisle - pink pants & sunglasses on head. The Mike is in several - he's waaay at the back, on the left against the windows to the left, in a bright blue shirt - told you he was trying to be unobtrusive!)

No comments: