Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm Already Gone:





What a productive day I'm having at work, lemme tell ya! I can't even concentrate - I wanna be at the beach SO BAD right now.

There will be the eating of a meatball sandwich from Doughboys in Grover, and consumption of several fried green tomatoes from Mo's in Pismo, and a good possibility that some (I call them 'buttermints'* but I don't know their real name) candies will be slowly savored.
All by yours truly.


Don't forget the 'getting my drink on' part. It wouldn't be an all-girls night out without that!


24 hours and counting until road trip commences

(drums fingers) . . . and counting and counting and counting.

*those 'buttermint' candies are the ones The Quarterdeck gives you with your check and Hotlix in Pismo sells. They're AWESOME. Back when I was a kid, the restaurant at the end of Grand at the beach (not the one currently there) used to give out those buttermint things too. That original restaurant was a Fish 'n Chips kind of place - real casual and comfy and goooood, lemme tell you. There would even be sand on the floor most times!) Hell, I'm so old, I remember when The Quarterdeck was on Grand Avenue (near where Nan's Used Books USED to be, not where it is currently) and the building was the shape of a boat. NO LIE! The 5 Cities used to be very quaint. Back before they started doing dumb things like changing Grover CITY to Grover BEACH. Grover ain't even AT the beach fercrynoutloud. :eyeroll:



Ah. The good 'ol days.

No comments: