Sunday, October 14, 2007

Slip As If To . . . :

Knit?

Purl?

There is a subtle difference, and I had to learn that the hard way today.

The thing I'm currently knitting is a gift though, so pictures cannot be shown until after next weekend (well, maybe next Friday - we'll see)

I'll talk in Internet Knitting Code (IKC) and explain that I'm knitting this with LL's Color #27.

The recipient is a knitter, but she's not interwebs savvy so the term "LL" means nothing to her. :smirk:


HI SHEILA!


Next Friday I'll be heading west to hang with 20 (or more?) of Sheila's closest friends to celebrate her birthday with her. Alls I know at the moment is the festivities include a rented house at the beach (Pismo or Avila), Jello shots, and knitting.


Well, for me it includes knitting. Everything I do includes knitting. When I take the deposit to the bank for work, knitting is with me. Grocery shopping with The Mike? I knit and point out things for him to put in the cart. There is knitting while we wait for our food to be served when we eat out (well, not the NICE restaurants, but the run-of-the-mill places). I'm a knitt'n fool.


Dolphins lost again. 0-6. It's a lock for 0-7 next week since we play against New England.
There is a slight consolation to know they had this bad of a start two years before they came back to become 'the winningest team in NFL history'. Hope springs eternal.


Oh, I almost forgot!


The Mike (bless his pointy little head - he'd been operating on about 7 hours of sleep in two days, having chauffered me to L.A. and back, worked a full day Friday, and then had to get up at 3:45 am on Saturday for a fishing tournament) came in THIRD for that tournament!
It was the first time fishing with this teammate, and only his second ever 'tournament' event at all.


Third place won him back his entry fees plus another $110 or so on top of that. He also won some fishing 'stuff' and received a plaque out of it. He's stoked as fuck! He says they lost by .001 ounces. That's like the weight of a drop of water and given that the second place winners weighed after him, it was probably his own drop of water left on the scale that bumped him.


Suuuuuurrrree.
(Not from Saturday's tourney)

It was cute to see him on the proverbial cloud nine. He crashed HARD though and has slept most of today away. Probably good he slept through his team's loss against San Diego.


Tomorrow it's back to counting the profits of the tire business and wishing Friday would get here faster. There's a Jello shot with my name on it!