Sunday, October 7, 2007

Winners & Losers:

Coronet is done - pretty close to one week exactly. Cast on during the 2nd half of last week's Miami game, and finished in the final quarter of this week's Miami game.

My modifications aren't documented in any way. Basically I used the yarns I wanted and the corresponding recommended needle sizes per their ballbands. I knit the braided part to be slightly larger around than my own freakisly small head. I picked up along the edge whatever number there actually were available to be picked up and didn't count it. Knit several rows in the round and then figured out I screwed up so the the 'right side' of the rest of the hat was the WRONG purl side. Shrugged my shoulders and decided to do a 'flipped up band' so that the rs of the braided band, and the stockinette side of the hat body were on the same side. That meant I had to make the body of the hat longer - to account for the part lost under the flipped up braided part. No biggie. I decreased every few rows until I got down to the 84 stitches the pattern calls for. I knit the rest of the way until I figured I should start decreases. I switched back to the original darker purple yarn but kept using the smaller sized needles (7s) and did a straight row of it before I began the decreases. Decreased as per the pattern, finished up with about 3 minutes left in the game. Once we lost I wove in the ends and took pics. Voila.








We lost again. You've read it here first. I predict Miami will be the only team in NFL history to have WON the most games in a season and the team to LOSE the most games in a season (all of them).

What to cast on next . . . I have a Clapotis to do, but my stash choices are limited right now. I have lots of yarns and patterns for lace, but that's not a travelling project at all. Socks? Hmm. Maybe I'll cast on a sock using these size 2 stretchy circs I bought the other weekend. It claims to be perfect for sock knitting, but I dunno . . . guess I should give it a whirl.

Oh, and I have to do some serious bookkeeping cleanup for a client of mine and the deadline is looming. He needs it back in time for a meeting at the end of the week, but I have to have it done by Wednesday so I can go see Laurie Perry on Thursday with a clear conscience.

(p.s. there would've been more FO pics, but uploading this shit is ponderous!)

No comments: