Tuesday, October 9, 2007

IDK, MY BFF LAURIE?

One of my upcoming plans is to go to L.A. this Thursday and see author Laurie Perry (aka Crazy Aunt Purl) who has her very first book out:


Since I found out too late to get reservations when the Yarn Harlot (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) was in L.A. a few weeks ago, I've been wracking my brain on how to ensure a spot for Ms. Perry's appearance.

Called the bookstore - no reservations AND they only seat 60. I'ma be travelling almost 3 hours ONE WAY (give or take L.A. traffic) for this shindig, so it would suck major donkey dick if I was ass-out of a spot.

Jollyewe the Devil won't be going with me, and I just know Crazy Aunt Purl's knitting group (the WeHo Stitch 'n Bitchers) are going to represent en masse so I was getting really nervous.

Who to beg a spot from?

After mulling it over and talking myself into it and then talking myself out of it and back and forth (and forth and back!) I took a chance and wrote Laurie Perry directly the other day.

I apologized for bugging her and let her know I'm not some kooky crazy knitting stalker (well, I am kinda, but not in a *bad* way) and asked if there was someone BESIDES HERSELF (herself being all busy with a career and a new book and a book tour and four cats and a metric fuck-load of friends 'n all) that I could get ahold of about securing a spot.

Then I sat back and had about 78% hope she'd respond and about 21% expectation of said response. Don't forget this girl's busybusy!

Today, about 4:50pm I checked my email for the 82nd time and BAM!

An email from Crazy Aunt Purl herself.

I can't divulge (yet) the particulars of her missive (since I don't want any REAL kooky crazy knitting stalkers to get any ideas!) but let's just say this middle-of-nowhere-California knitter has a primo spot this Thurs-dee.


SNOOPY DANCE!

No comments: