Friday, October 19, 2007

Pre-party Preparations:

After driving a LONG ass time (thank you CalTrans near abouts Reef City, and the four stupid chicks stopped on the side of the road about Shell Beach and the OHMYGODWHAT'S WRONGWITHTHATSEMI? in Pismo) I finally hit 'home'.


Not 'home' as in Pismo or 'home' as in Sheila's house.


'Home' is my favoritist yarn store, Yarnology in The Village of A.G.





No, really. No hellos to friends, family or even ex-neighbors. I hit the yarn store.
Yarnology is awesome!

After a small purchase of a long-assed Addi circ in size 2 (How can I possible master that Magic Loop knitting without the proper tools, I ask you!) and another small purchase of some Trekking XXL (that's a whole lotta yardage for the price!) oh, and then a teensy tiny purchase of the FUNNIEST knitting-related card for Sheila's birthday.

Ahhh. Sigh of contentment. There really is No Place Like Home.

There has been the making of Jello Shots:





There has also been the "testing" of said shots:



If any of y'all don't know this, Jello is a product of Gelatin.

Gelatin (US spelling) or gelatine (British spelling) (used to make Jell-o and other desserts) is made from the boiled bones, skins and tendons of animals.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

I wouldn't eat a Jello shot off of Matthew McConaughey's hairless chest even if Jason Mewes made it himself.

That shit is just nasty.

It'll be a beer and rum weekend for this chick . . . starting tonight.

We're currently watching a chick flick and drinking. The only thing that would make this better is knitting . . . so I gotsta stop typing and start knitting! TDLA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I will NEVER touch another Jello shot, or anything else containing Jello again. My son won't be thrilled, he's three and love Jello, but fuck that, I'm not feeding him animal skins, bones and tendons just b/c he likes the taste of it. We've always been the ones who make and bring the Jello shots to all the parties and now I'm so grossed out. Why didn't I know this?!?!

I've never tried knitting and drinking before. Hell, I have enough trouble with stitch counts (I've been all about the lace, lately). I can't even imagine what it would look like if I got drunk and tried to knit. Might be funny, though.

UGH!!! I still can't get the boiled bones, skin and tendons out of my mind. :)