Saturday, October 6, 2007

One Man's Trash:

Hoo-wee! I had my first gar(b)age sale today, and we did pretty good overall. Luckily, The Mike has some Big Ticket items he finally agreed to part with. Between his Man Stuff and my household contributions, we bagged a whopping $341.00 by 10:00am. Thankfully, no one stole our shit right in front of us like poor Crazy Aunt Purl had happen!

Also, we were ready for the 7 am bargain hunters, having been up since 6 am purging our house of all things craptacular. Me! Six am! Up! You won't see that in writing anytime soon. Remember . . . I am Midnight.

Months ago, The Mike had his very beloved truck stolen right at our house, in the middle of the damn day. His even MORE beloved quad was in the back of that truck when it was stolen.

Beloved Truck:

GONE!







Beloved Quad:

GONE!




Since our shit is always getting stolen/vandalized since moving to this crap town, my best friend made me laugh so hard when I told her we were having a garage sale on Saturday.

Sheila: "Since they show up to steal your stuff, hopefully they'll show up to buy some of it too." I like to have laughed to death.

We still have a few items left over, but not anything we're okay just giving away. I'm going to look at it as having a little (and by little, I mean LITTLE) savings account stored in the garage for now.

Oh, and did I forgot to mention! My ass was up at 6 am thankyouverymuch.

I am SO excited about my upcoming plans.

1) This Thursday - Laurie Perry in L.A. I'ma drive hours south to see some lady I don't even know sign books. On a worknight! On my birthday! Sooo so excited.

2) The Friday after that week, I'ma go hours west and hang with my bestest friend in my favoritist place for her birthday! Sooo so excited even more!

No comments: