Monday, October 29, 2007

Freaky Deeky Weather:

The Central Valley of CA is experiencing some wicked wild weather right now and it's SO AWESOME!

Thunder and lightening and rain and wind - crazy! But in a good way.

Two of the five cats are not happy though. Shadow won't come out from under my car in the garage and Madden is very nervous.

'Scilly the yellow Lab is barking at every clap of thunder. She's a weirdo though.

My internet connection has been spotty so this will be a quick one.

Fer sher I want to say HEY GIRL to "laurenswool" from ravelry.com

If'n your not on ravelry (yet, and for pete's sake get yerself on there already!) here's her bloggity blog.

I first saw her at a table of yarn and didn't recognize her. I watched her fondle the yarns and look at the labels and she was so intent on the fiber that I did a mental 'aha, there's a knitter!'.

It took about another 15 minutes to pass, when we happened to be standing next to each other watching some spinners spinning, and as I looked at her, the lightbulb went off. I recognized her even with out the adorable kitty cat face she has on ravelry, lol.

I think knitting has caused me to come out of my shell, because not only did I talk to her (a complete stranger, HELLO!), I even petted her sock project when she showed it to me. Soft and beautiful yarn. No really. I PETTED HER UNFINISHED SOCK.

Good thing I didn't sniff it, eh? JUST KIDDING. I never sniff other people's yarns - that only happens at the yarn stores. What kind of weirdo do y'all think I am anyway?!?

We wandered around some, and we obviously cannot be let loose in fiber public together because apparently we can talk ourselves and each other into buying pretty much anything that can be knitted up. Alpaca socks - we both agreed that was a perfectly logical use for the beautiful yarn we bought. She's so good, she talked a complete stranger into the same thing!

I have pics and when I get a moment of good internet reception I'll post.

Go check out her bloggity blog - she bought DOG HAIR people! Hair. Of a DOG. A stranger's dog, no less!

But I totally get that.

I hope her and Jollyewe and I can get together sometimes to knit in public and laugh. They are both very fun and easy to hang with. I think they'd hit it off too.

Catch y'all later.

Oh, and don't let me forget . . .

ZERO AND EIGHT BABEE!

The Dolphins suck more than a Dyson. I still love them though. Almost as much as I love alpaca socks and bizarre weather patterns!

No comments: