Monday, October 1, 2007

Jollyewe is the Devil:

To look at her, you'd think she was downright angelic, but I am here to tell you people that the Devil walks among us. It's just like the Devil to hide himself as a nice, cute, blond knitter too, don'tca know! He's tricky like that.

The Devil sits on your shoulder whispering of podcasts and iTunes and Bloglines.com and finishes up with "hey, I can help you start a blog" devil-talk. Stuff your pure self has never really understood before Devil-talker came along.

Beware. I think the Devil's goal is to entrench you into the ways of SLOTH. A deadly sin. That's definately 'not good'.

Last night The Mike had some horrible t.v. on, and I finally had an 'a-ha' moment. All of Jollyewe's whisperings in my ear the last few weeks created The Perfect Storm. I found my earphones, plugged into the computer, tuned in a knitting podcast, opened the Coronet pattern window, contemplated future blog content and knitknitknitknit. I didn't do it quite all night long (I love the ladies of Wisteria Lane and "Shark" is fierce!), but the seed has been planted.

I WILL NEVER DO ANOTHER CHORE AROUND MY HOUSE EVER AGAIN PEOPLE!

Hell, I'll never leave the couch outside of nature calls and work responsibilities. Instead of doing dishes, or laundry, or cleaning my yarn room? I will slowly be eaten by my couch and computer all the while grinning ear-to-ear. Human contact will become a thing of the past.

She's the Devil I tell you. Taking over knitter's souls one by one. Save yourself.

My last words of advice are . . .

Even the Devil doesn't want that shit!

No comments: