Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All Kinds Of News:

BIG BIG NEWS:
I'm going to Stitches West, thanks to KnittingSuzanne over at ravelry.
I had totally written SW off because of always working tax season.
(January to April each and every year, thanks to the Government!)
Now that I don't work in the field of preparing 1040's
I can 'do things' . . . things like meeting knitters in Bakersfield in January,
and things like going to Stitches West in February!
I. Am. So. Stoked!
In saying 'yes' to Suzanne, I had to make some decisions.
EVEN BIGGER NEWS:
My 'non-smoking' ban has been extended.
I've said (to y'all and to myself but most importantly, to myself)
that I will not smoke while I go through the healing process on my foot.
There have been days, lemmetellya, that tested my resolve.
Today was one of those days.
Even though it hasn't been lollipops and roses every day
I have decided to not smoke until I'm home from Stitches West.
PRETTY DAMN BIG NEWS:
We (The Mike & I) had our First Official Babysitting Session tonight.
I know . . . y'all are thinking "what the hell??"
"Did she just write that babysitting a kid was big news?"
Here's the deal:
This kid is over two years old,
lives down the dang street
and the daughter of Mike's younger brother M.
Not only is she the only "kidlet" in the family . . .
She's frick'n hilarious and adorable!
After

Before

Tonight with Uncle Mike
She's such a Ham!

Thanksgiving 2007 with Uncle Mike
(picture not enhanced or changed)
One of my all-time favorite pictures
********************************************
and now . . . for a completely different view
of the same 24 hours

Remember that ridge with the trees in the background?
Same pic, one day later, and about 1/2 the distance closer.





No after-picture change.





No change to the pic.
I snapped what you see.





Remember that pretty tree with the blue sky and clear background yesterday?
Today was Fog Central!







HI!
The P'ville Ham-minator checking in again!
Those lashes are all her.
Those eyebrows?
Thems from her dad.
Those pupils?


About an hour after taking this picture, I learned the term 'catchlights'





"Old" Highway 65

(between N.W. Grand and Westfield,

heading South 'round 11am today)



Same road, same direction,

between Westfield and Henderson




Fog.

I thought I knew from fog, being a Pismo gal 'n all

Tule Fog?

It's some thick-ass crazy shit people.





Yeah.

Gloom and doom to look at . . .

but I just love the encompassing feeling of fog!




The original of today's Project 365 submission

*********************************************

I'M GOING TO STITCHES WEST PEOPLE!

I just never thought I ever would because of my profession.

Things change that *blam* fast.

Thank you Suzanne!

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

Have a great time at Stitches West. I went two years in a row, but can't make it this year. It's really overwhelming, but fabulous! One of my fave things about the event....the minute you walk into the hotel, there are people sitting all over the lobby, knitting, crocheting and drinking bloody marys! Yeah! My kind of people. Have a marvelous time.