Friday, January 11, 2008

Making Ravelry Dreams Come True:

Ohhh, I'm all giddy and excited, y'all! Tomorrow is the first-ever Bakersfield / ravelry get-together!

See, there's this place called ravelry, and when you're on it, you can find people who share your same lifestyle choices, or enjoy the same knitting styles or even live near you!

Thanks to ravelry, I've met Jollyewe and laurenswool live and in person. Ravelry helped me not feel so all alone out in Podunk County, Middle of the Central Valley of California, USA.

I've also learned of a TON of knitterly people living in my old hometown.

Suffice it to say, ravelry rocks on a multitude of levels. They say Cleveland rocks, but I dunno . . . ravelry is pretty damn awesome!

Tomorrow I get the opportunity to travel an hour south, to Bakersfield, CA (famous for Korn and Buck Owens both - go figure!) and meet up with several knitterly-minded people that all met via ravelry! How cool is that?

You'll know which one is me because I'll be sporting my "I Swatched Ravelry" tee, my ravelry name button, one black moonboot, two crutches and the two-tone blue entrelac neverendingWIP.

(and here's where I feel like I'm channeling Knit With Snot and her Zombie Prom Date Knitters!)

If you live within one hour of the zip code 93301 and you find yourself wondering what to do tomorrow around 12pm? Get'cher ass over to Dagny's Coffee Co. The first people will be there around 1pm and others will stick around until 4pm.

KnittingSuzanne over at ravelry made a New Year's resolution to meet other knitters, and put out the Bat Signal in the Central Valley group. Let's help her to make her goal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!! Damn this having to work thing.

Have fun!!