Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Playing Hooky:

I had it all planned!

My Dr's appoint was set for 1pm today, so I ditched work around 10am with the intent of shooting up to Visalia with The Mike, grabbing a bite, visiting Rococo Beads on Main Street and then jetting over to Three Rivers for the yarn shop and getting back to town in time for Dr. Bones.

Some of that happened.

See, I've been working my ASS off getting all the quarter- and year-end tax reports done. W-2s for 200 tire store employees . . . check. W-2s for all the employees of the restaurant* . . . check. 1099's for same-said . . . check. 941s, 940s, DE7s, DE6s, blahblahblah . . . check. Sales Tax . . . check. Oh, and the monthly & yearly bookkeeping for the one client I do on the side . . . check. Check check checkity check.

I got it all done, babee! I could skip out with a clear conscious and skip out I did! Toodahloo, asses and see ya tomorrow :smirk:

The Mike picked me up and informed me we were having a bite with his friends before we hit the road. Mmmkay. Not my first choice but I'll live.

Then the Dr's office rang to say that Dr. Bones got called away on a hip fracture emergency so my appointment was cancelled. Mmmkay . . . well I ain't going back to the office!

My day of hooky suddenly became Wide Open. Nice!

After our brunch we moseyed on up to Visalia to visit Rococo Beads. I have some stitchmarkers there for sale, and she called the other day to say she hadn't sold any lately and that she was going to pull the display board so I needed to come pick it up. I got there and she was yakking it up with a customer. She introduced us and the customer is a knitter in Visalia, and part of the group that meets every Thursday evening at Borders. This lady even knew Dani (aka Laurenswool - the chick I introduced myself to at the Exeter Fiber Festival a few weeks back). We all chitchatted and dished some dirt on the Visalia yarn shop and boy was it nice to yak with another In Real Life knitter!! She even bought a set of my stitchmarkers right then and there. When I was leaving, the owner told me someone else had been in and bought two of my sets. She said the buyer was a friend of mine. Well, I immediately thought of Carolyn (aka Jollyewe) and I was right! I KNOW! She never once said a word that she'd done that!

Thank you CJ! :blush: You know I'm handing that check right back to you for some of your yarn!!

The next leg of the trip was to Three Rivers (via the fishing supply store Rack em Out to make The Mike happy), to visit Creekside Yarns. My ulterior motive was to see if the owner would display my stitchmarkers for sale. Unfortunately, the owner wasn't in, but the lady working there was very nice. She was talking to another customer about 'a class' so when the customer left I inquired as to what the class was for. Jewelry making she responded. She went on to explain that she teaches jewelry making at a store in Visalia. I start laughing a bit as I asked her 'which store'? Rococo Beads on Main Street she tells me. I love how small this area is!!

Two skeins of yarn later we were back on the road. My next goal was to get some nature scenes for my ravelry Project365. I got a few, and some I'm actually pleased with.

We finally got home about 4:30pm and I was all ready to get in some decadent lazyass knitting time when we got the call inviting us to a friend's birthday dinner at six.

Off we went. It was a fun time (it always is with this group of people) but that shot the rest of the day/evening. It's 9:15pm and I haven't knit one freak'n stitch today!

So, goodbye!


*my boss owns a local restaurant and all the accounting is done through the tire store

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great day!!

Yes, I needed some markers for lace and thought of you. You had EXACTLY what I was looking for. Let me know if you have any problems with the check. I made it out to the bead store,then she told me to make it out to you and I only had the one check.

I still haven't made it to Thurs. knit night.....We really need to do that.