Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What Say You?:

First up - a WIP as promised. *Ahem* the only WIP going right now (andyesnowI'vesaiditoutloudsoIhavetoownit). Out of fairness, this WIP accomplishes a few goals. 1) from the stash, 2) an '07 UFO, 3) from the New Year to-do list and 4) a potential Project 365 subject . . . FYI, the color is teh suck in this picture. I have a true-to-life picture tagged in my 365 stuff.




***************************************************



This ravelry version of the Project 365 . . . uh . . .*project*. . . is so fun yet kinda difficult!

For sure, I have learned more about my camera's abilities and limitations. I've also learned that there is more for me to learn. My only real chief complaint about my camera, so far, is it's horrid limitation when it comes to indoor 'party' environs. Not the 'lampshade on head, getting tea-bagged' indoor parties but the more run-of-the-mill 'picture of the bass club president running the meeting' indoor pics.

I've learned that my camera has a metric-buttload of features, and I am really enjoying learning how each feature works/doesn't work depending on the scene. The Kodak 'program' isn't overly advanced, from what I gather (compared to Photoshop, etc.) but even there I'm learning neat stuff.

I submitted today's Project 365 pic already, but it was a difficult choice lemmetellya!

Here were the runners-up:




My Clappy, draped over the laptop. Zero tweaking. I love the aquatic feeling of the blue through the dropped stitches.


The only thing I tweaked here was making the image a tad 'sharper'. by 'sharper', I mean making her out-of-focus irises less 'blurry' is all. That weird swirly iTune-y image in the center of her pupils is all real. I can't make that shit up. Don't fret - it freaked me the fuck out too.

CREEPY!


I just love how I captured her looking through the scrolling of the little table. Her face is framed as if she's wearing one of those Das Fledermaus masks.


Do you want to stand between her and her prey?

Now do you, Punk?

*note to self* enough with the kooky crazy cat pics. People will start to talk (like they haven't already!)

No comments: