Monday, January 14, 2008

Few Words, Many Pictures:


Crystal Palace Yarns - Taos - 100% Wool
In the process of becoming a Calorimetry,
thanks to Christy (redpixisticks @ ravelry)
I really do knit - I swear!


When I'm not knitting though, I'm trying to figure out how my camera works!
The original shot



The original shot . . . better . . .
(my focus was the line of trees growing at the ridge,
against the other two ranges in the background)


Mike and I went to Lake Success on my lunch,
and this shot was completely random and lucky!
It's through the windshield, driving past a tree -
I didn't do anything besides 'point and click'
and hope for something as we whizzed past.




Veddy Scheddy
I used 'Sepia' on my Koday program


Again, just random point & clicking -
My only goal was to get the tree in the shot
as we whizzed down Highway 190
on my way back to work


One 'enhance picture' click on the Kodak program



Same original picture, through the 'sepia' choice
(It just dawned on me that this is how I view my town
even though it really does get green and pretty
and all '*nature-y* 'n shit!)


I swatch it every day, lol!
Even through the learning about their t-shirt supplier's 'sizing' issues




What you see on your way to Bakersfield, via Hwy 65
There is no end to the depths of Okie-ness 'round these parts
And if it's not this, then it's one of 8 Wal-Mart trucks going past
Y'all know what I'm saying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Your photos look fantastic. You should really consider entering some of these in the next Fresno or Tulare county Fair (or even the great P'ville fair). I love looking at the photo displays.

I have that same Ravelry shirt....we have good taste!

When I worked in Bakersfield I laughed because I ALWAYS saw some guy (not the same guy) walking on the side of the road, pushing a tire...how fucking random is that????