Thursday, January 17, 2008

Does This Make Me Weird?:

Have y'all ever heard of this sleeping affliction where you're asleep, but you're not 'ASLEEP' and you can't move and you feel like you're being attacked?

No?


Here's an article from the University of Waterloo, Canada and here's another article from soundsleeping.org . . .

What I experience is thinking I'm awake (but in reality I AM asleep but really having a nightmare of sorts) and trying to move to wake The Mike up too (while he's sleeping in real life next to me).

So, I'm thinking I'm awake the whole time, but I can't move and I try and yell but I can't make any discernable noise and I get myself all worked up (remember, I'm asleep and not really doing this in real life) and I eventually get enough of my motor and vocal skills back that I start flailing on The Mike and screaming bloody murder and he wakes up all freaked out . . . and sometimes he's like a horrid monster when he wakes up - like a sci-fi 'from another planet' monster-looking thing.

EXCEPT NONE OF THIS REALLY HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE!! I don't really hit him and I'm not really screaming.

I eventually wake up for real and I'm a wreck.

Last night I fell asleep around 11:30pm and this (it felt like) happened over and over again - I'd freak out in my sleep, wake up and go back to sleep. When I finally checked the clock after what seemed like hours? It was only midnight!

This affliction goes in spurts. I can go weeks and months and it doesn't happen, and sometimes it'll happen every few days or so. It used to happen at the old house at the Coast, but it's happened way more here.

I don't recall it ever happening when I lived alone at various times and I know it did not happen when I've had other live-in relationships.

Is The Mike slowly driving me insane and it's manifesting in my dreams?

Inquiring (and pretty damn tired) minds want to know!





How's come I can't dream about that adorable face??


On the knitting front, I did finish my Calorimetry last night, but what a surprise . . . I didn't have the pattern at my fingertips so I 'guessed' at the end and now I'm not overly happy with the look of the bind-off, and by 'finish' I mean I still need to actually attach a button and that may change my entire view on the thing, lol.

Back to the neverending blue entrelac of doooooooooooooom. Luckily, I don't need a pattern for that.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Being in the medical profession makes me want to solve your problem. Is there a possibility that you are tangled up in the blankets or that Mike has his legs on you, or he is on top of the blankets and you are underneath trapped? Sometimes people have these dreams when in reality they can't move under the blankets. Does your cat sleep on the bed? Is the cat laying on you or your legs or trapping you under the blankets?

Suzanne